Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

TIKI-INVASION, Mission Tiki Drive-In Theatre, 8/5

Pages: 1 2 3 106 replies

what happened why the put off till 08?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

'
'Vid posted on Tue, Jan 2, 2007 1:17 AM

Ha! Great question Jeff! Well, for one Teri and I are planning our wedding this year, so that pretty much cooks it right there. Second, I've been working in Atlanta nearly since the LAST Tiki-Invasion, and will probably be there through the end of March. That leaves me fairly out of touch with the Mission Tiki until that assignment is over.

When I do the next Tiki-Invasion, I want it to be really outstanding, and I just don't feel like I'll be able to focus enough on it and stick to the early May timeframe. And with Atlanta's Drive-Invasion happening in September, that cuts it too close for comfort. It was a real trip last year having Tiki-Invasion on 8/5 and Drive-Invasion on 9/2&3. Unfortunately, Drive-Invasion got short changed a bit because all of my focus was on Tiki-Invasion. I won't make that mistake again. Though they were both fun events, it's just too much work having them that close together. So, I opted to wait until '08 to do what should be a STELLAR Tiki-Invasion.

Hope you're doing well! See you soon I hope!

'Vid

Gotcha :wink:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Weddings are more important than a Tiki Invasion Drive In? Hey, hows this, get married AT the Tiki Invasion Drive In! The Ghastly Ones could really rock on "Here Comes the Bride!"

Okay?

C
Cammo posted on Fri, Feb 9, 2007 10:31 AM

It kind of sucks that we have to wait a year to see the nefarious Diablo's doings in person. WE WANNO GO!

Why not have a 'soft opening' this spring, any weekend is good, have a Tiki night of all surfing and South Seas classic movies, a few intermission drawings for some swell swag, and Diablo could sell some shirts & mugs behind the popcorn machine and take everybody on a little tour?

Or is that too low key? Sometimes low key is good key.

'
'Vid posted on Thu, Aug 16, 2007 4:59 PM

[ Edited by: 'Vid 2007-08-16 17:02 ]

I just had to see what you posted 'Vid so I did some snooping and figured I'd give you a hand with the image. Good call swiping the old Tiki Oasis weekend slot! :wink: The weather will be much nicer in May...

I can't wait to see what you have planned for us this time!

'
'Vid posted on Thu, Aug 16, 2007 11:15 PM

Wow, thanks John!

Was that the old Oasis slot? I didn't even realize, but yes I think you are correct! I was going to shoot for the 10th, but Sunday the 11th is Mother's Day, not a good day to sport a considerable hangover, LOL.

I'm just glad to have settled on a date and get on with it again. It'll be another great event with all or most of last year's bugs worked out! We're shooting for a smoother event all the way around, including better vendor placement.

I'm excited! And busy! LOL

Thanks for the HTML help.

'Vid

Hey Vid,
great to hear that you are doing it again.
and way ahead of time notice is very nice so people can plan for it.

any ideas on the Entertainment?

I have a few ideas if you need some suggestions.
PM me.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

C

Is there going to be a hot rod show with it again this time around? I was unable to bring my 68 Mustang last time but hopefully with this much warning I can get my butt up there from San Diego with the ponycar to show

MT

We went last year, and had a blast. We'll come down for this one, too! Thanks for the advance notice, and also for not having it on Mother's Day Weekend!

Upon further inspection, it seems as though I didn't post any of my pics from last year. Sorry about that, my head was kind of in a bad place a year ago. Without further ado, here are my 1 year old pics.

Our parking spot area, complete with astro turf, white picket fence, and pink flamingos.

Travellin' Jones interviews us. Hi Jonesy!

Monkey says what?

The Muffs

Talladega Nights in the background

Anyone up for enormous sized pancakes at Cafe Guasti?

I'm not kidding when I say the pancakes are enormous. They're gi-normous Godzilla sized pancakes!!!

So yeah, we had a great time last year. Lookin' forward to doin' it again!

Pages: 1 2 3 106 replies