Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Monster Sized Tiki Pitcher

Pages: 1 11 replies

Hey there

A few years ago I was wandering through either a Marshall's or a T.J. Maxx when I saw this gigantic pitcher before my eyes. I bought it, and learned it was made for "Designpac" in China. I have never seen it before, or since, and even ooga mooga drew a blank. Does anyone else out there know anything about this piece? Does anyone else out there have this monster?

http://www.ooga-mooga.com/images/mugs/large/114/6047.jpg

Thanks

Krakatowa

These were sold at TJ Max with a lemonade mixture....I got that acouple years ago in a green color.

On 2006-05-20 14:07, FreddieBallsomic wrote:
These were sold at TJ Max with a lemonade mixture....I got that acouple years ago in a green color.

Yes, I purchased mine with the same Lemonade mix. The Mix was dreadful, but the pitcher seemed well made and pretty nifty. I was just wondering if anyone else had one, because I have not seen it in ooga mooga.

Mahalo

Krakatowa

I also have the pictured pitcher. It lives in my cubicle watching over all of the smaller tikis. It was given to me about two years ago by some coworkers and they also got it at TJ Max. Some day when I get the legal waivers squared away it will be a big part of the $1,000 Mai Tai Challenge.

Hey Krakatowa!

Yeah, a bunch of us bought it when it came out:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=8220&forum=5&hilite=maxx%20pitcher

I use mine for oj every day :)

Next time, try the Search button at the upper right. You'd have found this previous thread that way.

F

H
hewey posted on Sat, May 20, 2006 9:32 PM

Cool mug :)

TH

Dang, I looked at the link and thought I had two of the same mugs..........No markings on mine either....

Here's a photo of them...compared to what is in the link.

On 2006-05-21 06:34, TB Hawks wrote:
Dang, I looked at the link and thought I had two of the same mugs..........No markings on mine either....

Here's a photo of them...compared to what is in the link.

The green one is an Orchid's R-5 knock off. I don't know the stule of the brown. I have seen reproductions of both in an Asian food supply catalog.

I was checking out this old thread because I happened to find the yellow tiki pitcher thrifting yesterday and wanted to know about it. What the hell is up with the photo link above??? Should the caption read "what to bring to a redneck bbq". :wink:

Hahahahahaha!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not exactly the giant pitchers anymore, huh!!

I saw one of the pitchers recently again too, this time along with 6 supercommon green reissue mugs. The dealer was asking $48 :lol:

what?

no Blanton's???

found this pitcher awhile back. good size but not sure if it's monster sized.

"Anyone who has ever seen them is thereafter haunted as if by a feverish dream" Karl Woermann

[ Edited by: uncle trav 2007-07-18 15:58 ]

Pages: 1 11 replies