Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Mai Kai June 3 - locals join us!

Pages: 1 13 replies

G

We're kicking the kids out of the house for a couple of weeks and heading to the Mai Kai on June 3. Hoping to hook up with some locals for dinner and drinks. Who's interested?!? If you'd rather skip the dinner, we'll be hanging out in the Molokai before dinner. Haven't made reservations yet, but we'll probably get there for happy hour and hang out until the second dinner seating. Join us!

[ Edited by: GatorRob 2006-05-22 08:48 ]

Sounds like fun! We'll meet you in the Molokai!

K

Alright GatorRob and Trish!! Way to start out the summer right with a road trip to the Mai Kai:-) Any other stops planned? The Jetsetter Lounge on US 1 in Lake Worth has Tiki/Exotica night on Wednesdays. Not sure when the Haole Kats are playing there next but it would be worth checking in to. Have a great time..............

Karbora

Great! A friend of mine is actually visiting from Italy and I've promised to take him and his wahine to the Mai Kai that evening for dinner and of course have a few cocktails in the Molokai! Count us in!

G

Excellent! Glad you all can come. I am REALLY looking forward to this!

On 2006-05-21 20:56, Karbora wrote:
Any other stops planned? The Jetsetter Lounge on US 1 in Lake Worth has Tiki/Exotica night on Wednesdays.

Yep, we're planning on stopping by the Jetsetter. Maybe Friday night? Not sure yet. We'll nail it down in the next day or two. You should come down to the Mai Kai and join us Karbora since Bre-elle had to cancel the Polynesian luau (big bummer). We'd love to see you! (And you have my mug :wink:)

K

On 2006-05-21 20:56, Karbora wrote:
Alright GatorRob and Trish!! Way to start out the summer right with a road trip to the Mai Kai:-) Any other stops planned? The Jetsetter Lounge on US 1 in Lake Worth has Tiki/Exotica night on Wednesdays. Not sure when the Haole Kats are playing there next but it would be worth checking in to. Have a great time..............

Karbora

We'll be there this coming weekend for Jet Fest! We're playing from 4-7 Saturday and Sunday (5-27 and 28, 2006). Come on down!

G

I'll be glad to make reservations for everyone. How many do we have for the Molokai and for dinner?

Some of us (local yocals) haven't been to the Mai Kai for a bit...well, since last year! (sob!) But if you all don't mind some of us hanging out in the bar, I'd be all up for it :)

Yes, please join us! We'll try to get to the Molokai around 6-ish. Our dinner seating is 8:30 I think.

One of my friends has completed his kitchen remodeling and is having a BBQ on Saturday. I will miss going to the bar ::cries::

However, if any locals want to try to get together - either at the Mai Kai or at Jetsetters Lounge, give me a shout!

I guess this means I will have to have to drink Kungfugimp's cocktails tonight....... Drats!

G

Random thoughts about last night at the Mai Kai...

Fantastic time! Thanks to Chip & Andy, Tiki Kiliki and Mr. Jalapeno Cheese Head (!) for sharing a couple of rounds of the best drinks on planet earth with us! As usual, whenever we meet any TC ohana for the first time, we are struck by how warm and friendly everyone is and feel like instant friends. That's priceless folks.

BIG thanks to Chip and Kern for the behind-the-Tiki tour and a visit to ... ... "The Room". No, not the men's room, but the Fort Knox of booze, the Mother of All Rum Rooms. Amazing. I was in such awe, I didn't hear anything Kern said after that. Or maybe that was because of the two Jet Pilots I had.

Apparently, nobody has made the effort to name the shrunken head. I think he deserves a name.

Kern treated us like royalty and had us seated first right in front of the stage. Unfortunately, after 4 hours of drinking I didn't think my head could handle those drums so with apologies to Kern we bailed after dinner. At least we did catch the show a few months ago (and will again soon).

I love watching people get disoriented in the darkness of the bathroom. Okay, I'm strange like that, but at least I pointed them in the right direction.

The Hawaiian Orange-Papaya Duck. Mmmmmmmmm.....

Almost chucked the cell phone of the dolt sitting at the next table who was busy telling his cell phone buddy that "the decor of this place does nothing for me." Should have seated him in the back with the dolts in the Molokai who were drinking Buds.

Sad to leave, but Hukilau is only 4 months away!

Cheers...

K

Great to hear it was a festive evening........two jet pilots is always a good way to jump start an evening :) I am glad that you guys take advantage of the fact that a tiki palace is within a short driving distance from home base and use it as a destination to celebrate. I need to do it more often :)

Karbora

Sitting in the Molokai. Ask them about the kitchen tour that Kern arranged. Then, ask Rob about the "Happy Place!"

Sorry it took so long to get the image up, stupid little camrera cable!!!!!

Pages: 1 13 replies