Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Hand carved real stone Marquesans

Pages: 1 4 replies

S

If anyone is interested in these, please PM me.The taller one is 23".Thanks!

S

Yikes! I haven't been here in a while and I forgot the rules. I'm thinking maybe $300 each plus shipping from Carlton, GA. Negotiable.Also, I oiled them both so they are a little darker now.Sorry,due to pollution and acid rain, I can only guarantee them for 200 years.

[ Edited by: saxotica 2006-05-22 18:59 ]

T

Welcome back. Love what you do. What kind of stone is this, the really heavy kind? I got a pic off the net a year back that looked like a fat one of these.

S

Thanks teaKey ! I'm not sure what kind of stone it is. I got them at a stone yard that caters to landscapers and stonemasons. They are pretty hard,though. I had to use carbide tools, regular steel just didn't hack it.The big one weighs 55 lbs. and the smaller one ways just over 45 lbs.

S

Alriiiiiight! My first sale on Tiki Central and my first stone carving sale since I started back carving [my last stone carving sale was 15+ years ago]. One person bought them both. I didn't ask her permission so I won't ID the buyer but I shipped them out today from Athens, Ga. to California. I'm really glad they sold as a pair because they look cooler like that.Back to the carving bench...

Pages: 1 4 replies