Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

While you were out show

Pages: 1 3 replies

D

Saw that this saturday on TLC on the show While you were out, this daughter redecorates here parents room Hawaiian style and saw they had a tiki going in there from the commercial. Thought someone might want to see it-I love those shows...

Yep, I saw that too. It looked like a good sized black tiki, very cool style too.
Oddly enough, I was flippin channels yesterday & saw the intro to christopher lowell. He was featuring "beachcomber" style decor.
A damn far cry from our interpretation, but he had on some guy called cabana joe or something.
'ol chris says "oh what are these on the shelf?"
'Tiki mugs, they are hot collectibles these days'
You could tell 'ol nelly christopher hated them but he feigned interest anyway:
3 skipper kent surfer girl mugs
2 sexy hawaii kai wahine w/mask mugs
1 or 2 fu manchu mugs too
This is bad.
Best lispy voice: "Hawaiiana is hot... WHO KNEW?"
yuck.

I believe cabana joe is the guy that has a "high end" shop on trendy Abbot kinney. I've never been inside, just passed by.

D

Oddly enough, watching his show...Sure! Just playing. He probably wanted to throw some silk chenile over the bamboo blinds and add some tie backs and so on to the decor. I liked the tiki they were showing for that show- While you were out. Maybe they might have a cool new decor or something to add to my ideas. So I think I'll try to catch the show. Did anyone see the fan done on trading spaces with fake palms? I actually liked it.

Pages: 1 3 replies