Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Myth

Pages: 1 9 replies

Hi, I'm fairly new here and I want to ask for your help. I like the tiki icons but I don't know all that could be known on the subject . I was wondering pondering wandering pandering wintering if I could get some help on a school project.

I have to write about a made-up myth and I was thinking about doing mine on a tiki people. Any ideas would be helpful. I know that tiki is a myth already but this would be a seperate* separate new myth that I could go anywhere with it.From Freemon the way they look, act, and live

Nifty school project, My name is Tiki :D

Menehunes come to my mind. But then again, is it made up for sure? It’s possible there actually were pygmie people on pacific islands.

KK

[ Edited by: Kawentzmann 2006-05-25 01:38 ]

I started writing in the last ten mintues, the story. Here is what I have so far:

There was one being; stronger and wiser than all the rest. He was a special being who was part of the great tribe on the island. The other beings feared him, even the ones in the sky and in the sea, even though he dwelled on the island. Ikaika was the name the made the others tremble.
In the darkest part of the night, Ikaika wandered the island searching for meaning. He came upon a giant golden palm tree. Ikaika circled the tree inspecting its every groove and crevasse . He lifted his axe and with one swing, cut the tree down. He dragged the tree back to his hut and began carving away at it. The first thing he created was a sturdy table so he may eat upon it. The next was a box to put his treasure inside. Both of these items used much wood and only a small portion remained. Ikaika was overcome with thirst from the nights work, so his last item was to be a mug.

That's a pretty good start. Does the palm tree have magical powers that it can endow? Will he be cursed or rewarded for cutting the tree and or releasing a spirit? Will he be endowed with magical laser eyes so he can burn stuff and get in a fight to the death over a donut? The answer to this and all your burning questions in the next installment of INSERT CATCHY NAME HERE.

On 2006-05-24 11:04, DiGi TiKi 77 wrote:
I want to ask for your help. I like the tiki icons but I don't know all that could be known on the subject . I was wondering pondering wandering pandering wintering if

This link may assist re the historical info:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=1902&forum=1

DT7

Hey guys I finally finished, tell me what you think;

There was one being; stronger and wiser than all the rest. He was a special being who was part of the great tribe on the island. The other beings feared him, even the ones in the sky and in the sea, even though he dwelled on the island. Ikaika was the name that made the others tremble.
In the darkest part of the night, Ikaika wandered the island searching for meaning. One night he came upon a giant golden palm tree. Ikaika circled the tree inspecting its every groove and crevasse. He lifted his axe and with one swing, cut the tree down. He dragged the tree back to his hut and began carving away at it.
The first thing he created was a sturdy table so he may eat upon it. The next was a box to put his treasure inside. Both of these items used much wood and only a small portion remained. Ikaika was overcome with thirst from the night’s work, so his last item was to be a mug.
It took 8 long days and 8 long nights to create this mug. Ikaika was impressed with the beauty and awe of his mug so he called it Tiki which reminded him of his own name. He then poured coconut juice from the coconuts on the tree into his mug, but before he could take a gigantic gulp the mug started to glow with color and out from the drink came one small green being with an oddly shaped face and body. Even The powerful Ikaika was astonished by this action. The green being bowed and said, “I am here to serve you great one, but I am nothing without my brothers and sisters.” So Ikaika poured more juice into Tiki and out came more green beings. With the people of the Tiki, Ikaika continued to grow strong, teaching them all he knew so that when the time may come they can rule the island, but for the time being...The other beings feared him, even the ones in the sky and in the sea, even though he dwelled on the island. Ikaika was the name that made the others tremble.

T
teaKEY posted on Tue, Jun 6, 2006 7:11 AM

That is a great story. I like how Ikaika was searching for something in his life. I think we all are. And now this story is the first mug myth that I ever heard of. It would make a great children's book.

I

Very nice.

Here is my addendum -- hope you don't mind me adding my own myth to yours (perhaps your teacher will give you extra credit, for inspiring others.)

"Some of the newly created beings were not as fearful of Ikaika as the others, so Ikaika decided to reward their bravery. He gathered them around in a small circle. Ikaika chanted some powerful words, and the juice of two nearby coconuts were transformed, one into a colorless liquid, the other into a much darker liquid. Ikaika once again poured some coconut juice into his carved Tiki mug, and then added the newly created clear and dark liquids.

He offered the Tiki mug to those brave souls around him. They drank, and immediately became disoriented, and soon overcome by powerful dreams and visions of colorful liquids merging in a waterfall, which fed a stream, which flowed to a nearby village. They soon collapsed, and fell into a deep slumber. Ikaika watched over them, and protected them.

When the small group of brave souls awoke, Ikaika said "I have given you additional secrets of the islands. But now you must leave the island, and share your knowledge with others who live over the seas, in distant lands."

Ikaika gave names to those brave souls. There was Don the Beachcomber, and there was Trader Vic, and there was one named Ray Buhen destined to reach a small oasis named Tiki Ti. They sailed forth to their distant lands, in the direction of the rising morning sun....."

.... and the story continues from there.....

Vern

hey thanks for the add on, I think thatr it will make its way into my story.

I found out, I also need a hero adventure involing either Ikaika or the created tikis.; Anyone got one?

Pages: 1 9 replies