Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Ebay: munktiki wall art is not munktiki

Pages: 1 37 replies

Just wanted to alert people that this ebay auction is not a munktiki item as it states it is. I already messaged the seller in hopes that they change the listing description.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Early-Paul-Neilsen-Munktiki-TIKI-Ceramic-Wall-Art-9_W0QQitemZ7769051992QQcategoryZ29460QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

-stuckie

thanks for the head's up, stuckie. i emailed that guy and told him that wasn't how you spell your name and he sent a very rude reply. i'm glad to know i won't be bidding on it.

N

Thanks for the clarification, I withdrew my bid from this jerk. It seemed like an odd piece, like maybe a early experiment in tiki, we need the official Munktiki book to be published so we can avoid such trickery. Did he actually try to defend his falsification against the actual creator? Doofus!

On 2006-05-24 20:47, nitropic wrote:
Thanks for the clarification, I withdrew my bid from this jerk. It seemed like an odd piece, like maybe a early experiment in tiki, we need the official Munktiki book to be published so we can avoid such trickery. Did he actually try to defend his falsification against the actual creator? Doofus!

In a few months

-stuckie

What a Wank!

Aye!...HANG'em FROM THE YARD ARM!!!

Flip-fl0p-fLipPp...

That's messed up, i was watching that item too.

M

That sucks I was watching it too. I hate this kind of seller using good artists names to sell anything. I added him to my blocked ebayers. Thanks for the heads up Paul.

The good news is it didn't sell. Reminds me of the Surfinstro vs Tiki Freaks fiasco that went on last year. Same thing thing a seller gets all indignmant when called on there BS. What a bunch of ignoranamuses.

Chongolio

W
WOW posted on Sun, May 28, 2006 9:14 AM

I thought it was a really good tiki!Did he ever say who it really was made by?

W
WOW posted on Sun, May 28, 2006 10:08 AM

You guys should check out the things listed under witco on ebay!I don't think William Westenhaver is getting upset about it.If anything you should be flattered that they would use muntiki as a point of reference.

If they said it "looks like munktiki" or "as cool as a munktiki", that might be flattering; but, saying it IS a munktiki is fraud.

W
WOW posted on Sun, May 28, 2006 10:53 AM

You guys need to lighten up a little

wake up wow. the seller wasn't using munktiki as a point of reference, he was making a bald-faced lie that it WAS a munktiki.

W
WOW posted on Sun, May 28, 2006 11:11 AM

Why do you want to be so neg.You're taking all the fun out of it.

you're right. defrauding buyers should be fun! :)

W
WOW posted on Sun, May 28, 2006 12:35 PM

I'm outa here.You guys are really unhappy collector geeks.have fun collecting your sacred tikis.

hey wow, thanks for sending a personal message to me calling me an ass. you are a class act, calling people names and defending fraud.

W
WOW posted on Sun, May 28, 2006 12:55 PM

O.k. I'll say it here.YOU'RE AN ASS.

Wow!

-stuckie

I'm curious how close the connection is between WOW and the fraudulent item.

W
WOW posted on Sun, May 28, 2006 1:14 PM

Lets turn this into a witch hunt.Whats wrong with you guys.All I said was that it was a cool tiki (regardless of it being wrongly identified by whoever posted it.)Go ahead and attack me.You guys are fucked up.

By the way.I don't mean to protect whoever sold that tiki on ebay,but, not everyone is a know it all tiki collector out there.Give the guy a break it didnt even sell.It's not fraud (kingtiedie)To mistake an antique collectible.Those things are debated on tiki central all the time.

On 2006-05-28 13:14, WOW wrote:
Lets turn this into a witch hunt.Whats wrong with you guys.All I said was that it was a cool tiki (regardless of it being wrongly identified by whoever posted it.)Go ahead and attack me.You guys are fucked up.

By the way.I don't mean to protect whoever sold that tiki on ebay,but, not everyone is a know it all tiki collector out there.Give the guy a break it didnt even sell.It's not fraud (kingtiedie)To mistake an antique collectible.Those things are debated on tiki central all the time.

Being that Munktiki(me) is still in business and that he obviously knows who we are, it would have been easy enough for the seller to have contacted us to confirm the piece. It may just have sold if I had'nt posted about it here.

What really gets me though is the mispelling of my last name. Misspelling of my last has haunted me my whole life, it just puts me over the edge. Fraud... 'eh

-stuckie

W
WOW posted on Sun, May 28, 2006 1:51 PM
W
WOW posted on Sun, May 28, 2006 2:17 PM

You've really gotta watch your step when you run with the tikicentral pack of wolves folks.beware.

What!?!
That says witco "ERA", Not an actual Witco piece.

Try a little harder.

Wolves? oops Im in the wrong pack, I thought I was hanging with Chihuahua's.

On 2006-05-28 12:35, WOW wrote:
I'm outa here.You guys are really unhappy collector geeks.have fun collecting your sacred tikis.

So, you're a TROLL and a liar? So multi tasking!! Before you flame up really good guys like Stuckie & Kingstiedye maybe you should go back, check some posts and see just what really cool people are around here...Oh wait, I forgot..you're a TROLL. Back to the cave with ya!

W
WOW posted on Sun, May 28, 2006 3:16 PM

Are you guys serious.Some one throw me a lifesaver here.Go back and read this thread from the begining ,and, tell me what I did wrong.You are really petty.

W
WOW posted on Sun, May 28, 2006 3:28 PM

so,this is tiki central huh.I think I'll go throw my muntikis in the garbage.This place really takes any enjoyment out of finding a tiki community.I honestly thought that that was a cool tiki posted on ebay( i saw a week or so ago before I even read about it here on tiki central.)I thought i would be a little positive about it.Does someone really want to tell tell me where I went wrong?I know you all hate me ,so go ahead.And good luck with your mighty muntiki business.Well fuck you guys.

Heres the problem,.. and I think its already been hashed around quite enough, but I'll say it again.

The Auction claimed it was an authentic Munktiki item. Wouldn't you hate to see someone pay allot of money for this "rare, early munkitki creation" only to find out it was not munktiki?
The ebay auction you posted stated it was from the Witco "Era", its not claiming to be an actual authentic witco piece. The buyer knows its not going to be a witco piece, they wont be expecting a witco piece after all is said and done.

Thats great you like the piece, I agree it was kinda neat, but a total misrepresentation nevertheless. You should have bid on it, you could have scored it for just 9 bucks.

I've re-read your posts a number of times now, I can't throw you a bone. You dug yourself into this hole and you infact started with the name calling and vulgarities.

later
-stuckie

amen stuckie.

Stuckie, Kings, Aquaman,
How dare someone come on here and liable, and slander, and fraudulently misrepresent your work and worthyness.(Dont stop me I'm ona roll). This WOW person should consider him(her)self luck that they didn't try this on KAHALACHARMS,for they might meet a fate worse than death.......ohoooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhh

Lighten up Francis, some of of us take our collecting seriously!!

I just don't get this. Yes, there are some serious collectors and some casual collectors. But that's not in question here, rather:

On one side we have the identity of an artist who has greatly contributed to the craft of nouveaux Tiki mug design with his unique, singular objects, on the other an e-bay dealer who is obviously just trying to make an extra buck by miss-using this artist's brand name AND personal name, not giving a damn even when called on his BS.

If you have spend as much time and sweat working for creating a brand name that stands for quality like Stuckie, or invested that much of your hard-earned money in your collection like kingstiedeye, you're supposed to just shrug this off, or else you are "too serious" !?

For a fan of Tiki culture, who is the bad guy and who is the good guy here? Why is there even a discussion about this?

Hey Wow, there is no need to throw your Munktiki's in the garbage...I would gladly take them off your hands and you won't have to get any smelly trash juice on your fingers! I'm always willing to help a guy out!

WOW
How come there are no posts showing on your grid count?.
A hacking troll too?

M

On 2006-05-29 00:50, Unga Bunga wrote:
WOW
How come there are no posts showing on your grid count?.
A hacking troll too?

He is no hacker. His account have been deleted.

mahalo sven!

OK I'll bite- whats this "tiki" thing all about anyway?

Pages: 1 37 replies