Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Auction: Napa Valley Luau with Maikai Gents, King Kukulele and World's Finest Wines

Pages: 1 10 replies

The legendary Napa Valley Wine Auction will be held next weekend and, for the first time has entered cyberspace. One lot of particular interest to any wine lovers on Tiki Central is E-Lot# 149. The winning bidder will be treated to a private party for 25 people at Judd's Hill Winery in Napa Valley where a famous Napa chef will be preparing a feast of contemporary Hawaiian dishes that will pair perfectly with the wines to be served that evening. The winner would also get to take home five 3-liter bottles of wine. Entertainment for this amazing night amongst the vines will be provided by King Kukulele and The Maikai Gents Featuring The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa. Truly an evening never to be forgotten! For more details and to bid, look here:

http://www.napavintners.com/auctions/auction_napa_valley/lots/2006_elots.asp?dinner_lunch=%2D1&offset=10

(Scroll down to Lot #149)

It's all for good causes and you and your 24 friends will have a lifetime of memories. As they say... Happy Bidding!

-Weird Unc

P

Yet another reason to hate California.
Do you guys EVER stop having fun?

Man, that's going to be a great night for the lucky bidder.
And the 3 liter bottles of fine wine means more great nights at any time.

Cool idea, Unc.

weirduncletiki, you diabolical genius!
Have fun,
Ran

Pablus, don't hate us, JOIN US! One of us, one of us, one of us, goobah gabba...
The lucky bidder could be you!??

Kick: Diabolical? Maybe. Fun loving, uke strumming, wino? Totally!

I'd love for this auction to go to a Tiki Centralite. It's all for a good cause, there's tax deductions involved AND a one-of-a-kind private luau amongst the verdant vines of Napa Valley. Hope to see you there!

-Weird Unc

Oh, the auction closes at 2:45PM(Pacific) on Friday, June 2nd. Just so you know.

-Weird Unc

Weird Unc: this is a great package for auction! I'm sure the winner (or I should say winners since there will be 25 guests) will be have a great time!

Pablus: Maybe the winner will invite you to be one of the 25 guests!

Everyone: as of this writing, there are 6 bids entered for this, currently holding at $1700.00

...and everyone gets to stay at Judd's place! (ha, just kidding!). Although he may let you sleep your vino off in "the vines" under the moonlight.

I looked but I couldn't find any numbers for value. So, I wouldn't know what range to bid?

Jungle Ditz.

Really cool auction there, weirdunc! It would be great if a TC'er did win the auction... might take a few to pool their money together, but with 26 attendees to be served, I bet 5-6 TC'ers could bid a small chunk and could win.

The bidding sounds like the way Ebay works... you put in the highest price you would pay, and as the bids are entered, the system will increase the current bid, up to your limit, for you.

Hey, JT! It took me a second to find the current bid too! Here is how I found it...
Click on the "On-line Bidding" button on the left side of the screen. Then click on "Enter the Online Auction", and verify that you are old enough to bid (be sure to check your drivers license). Next, click "View the Status Board", and roll down to auction #149. You don't have to register to view this information.

Hey gang! Glad you're all having some fun looking at this. Hopefully you'll have some fun participating in this, too! Just a ballpark idea of the value: The five 3Liter bottles alone are worth about $1500. Over a thousand dollars worth of wine will be poured during the evening's festivities. Factor in the feeding of 25 people (that's a lot of folks!) and the entertainment value, not to mention the venue and its setting and you can see that so far, the bidding is at a bargain basement price. None of the wineries involved (there are 5) see any of the money. This is all for charity. And the feeling of supporting worthy causes is... priceless.

-Weird Unc

Aloha! Bidding ends today at 2:45PM (Pacific) so I thought I'd bump this up for a good cause. Mahalo.

-Weird Unc

WOW that was a blast. Last night the winner of this charitable auction had a very one of a kind Luau at Judd's Hill Winery and it was quite a night. The Mai Kai Gents were in fine form. The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa is in different form...or shape I should say. Her shape is changing ever since news came about a new addition to the family. Iuka Grogg Jr.!! She still looks as beautiful as ever! (Congratulations again.) Everybody had a lot of fun last night and it was all for a good cause, it's nice to contribute to the non-profit charities who are out there making the world nicer for us all. Keep up the good work Mai Kai Gents.

Pages: 1 10 replies