Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

New creating tiki forum??

Pages: 1 7 replies

ST

Just a thought but wouldn't it be great if there were a new separate forum under Creating Tiki for building and decorating home bars? Nothing against you carvers and painters but when you're looking for something specific it can be hard to find in this great big world called Tiki Central, especially if you are just trolling for ideas.

Yeah a home improvement section. :wink:

H
hewey posted on Sun, May 28, 2006 3:40 AM

Sounds good :)

Is there enough content?

And then do you include home wares (lamps?)

(Good idea - and I agree with it - but I like to play devils advocate to get people to consider the different options)

T

I don't like the seperation as it is. In the words of someone famous, "Can't we all just get along". The search function is still the best way if you don't want to see all the other great tiki creations.

agreed. there are already too many forums.

ST

Well, if everyone would start using the home/tiki bar post that woud certainly solve my dilema. http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=19049&forum=18

search

H

The Locating Tiki section is the place to post about your home tiki bar, there's a special tag for it there & everything. If you're wanting to look at people's home bars, all you have to do is do a search restricted to the Locating Tiki section, looking for "home-bar" in the subject line. The search results will look like this:

http://www.tikicentral.com/search.php?term=%22home-bar%22&submit=Search&srch=title&frm=2&usr=&srt=newest

Ta da!

That's not to say that the request for a home tiki bar sub-section is being rebuffed; it has come up a few times (as have the "let's post all the home bars in one thread" threads), so clearly TCers needs aren't being met as well as they could be. However, this request seems to be coming more from the desire to quickly find all the home bars, rather than people having to scan past a ton of home bar discussion to get to other stuff (not that that's the only criteria for creating a new TC section, but it is generally the most compelling one). It may be more a case of getting the word out to more folks about posting their home bars in Locating Tiki, and of how easy it is to search for them there.

Pages: 1 7 replies