Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Regarding Rebecca aka Boo Loo aka Mrs. Martiki, aka Dr. Cate.

Pages: 1 23 replies

M

Although she never posts here on TC, many of you have met and drank (mostly drank) with my lovely wife Rebecca at the SF crawl, Oasis, Hukilau, Novato Grotto, Foggy Grotto, and of course Forbidden Island.

I just wanted to tell the ohana that last weekend, Rebecca walked across the stage at the Greek Theatre to receive her doctorate in Psychology from UC Berkeley. It has certainly been a long and grueling five years for her, and her accomplishment is, at least to me, quite remarkable, and I am insanely proud of her.

That's it- I just love her to death and wanted to post about it.

P

Dr. Rebecca,

Now you are as wise as you are beautiful.

Congratulations... and may you finally be able to figure out just how sick your hubby truly is.

In fact, I've been having this dream...lemmetellyaboutit.

:wink:

Good for you, Rebecca! That's a great accomplishment!

Super huge congrats Rebecca on something that is no small feat.

Awesome too that Martin is so excited he has to tell us all about it.

Congrats to you both on the exciting times ahead.

Congratulations Rebecca, and Martin too. You have both struggled together and made it through this part, still together. Upward and onward.

When can I take the inkblot test? Rohrbacher?

The Doctor is IN! Congrats, Mazel Tov, Kudos, Cheers, etc, etc, etc. The whole Grapetown Gang is horrendously proud of you!

-Weird Unc

D

Congratulatations and a big CHEERS to Rebecca! :drink:

[ Edited by: DawnTiki 2006-05-29 15:43 ]

Yeah ! Dr Rebecca Kate! That has a nice ring too it. Congrats to ya!
Rad!
Chongolio

Congrats Rebecca!!! Is there any chance you can get me some Thorazine and Haldol??? I love that stuff!!! BTW I'm just kidding. Good Luck with everything!!!
Later,
Spermy

Congrats Rebecca!

Now, go burn something!!!

A Doctor of Thinkology! Did she do her dissertation on the Abnormal Psych of Collectors of Poly Pop? If she didn't she should do a paper on that soon...

On 2006-05-30 08:13, freddiefreelance wrote:
A Doctor of Thinkology! Did she do her dissertation on the Abnormal Psych of Collectors of Poly Pop?

I don't know, but I DO know she worked on a study of my fellow Mills alumnae.....any girl who wants to attend a women's college is obviously NUTS!! :lol:

Dear Dr. Rebecca,
Why do I spend so much time on a god damn website?

Congrats Rebecca!

so, when did you say you're coming to london to celebrate?

congrats,
tiki chris

Congratulations Rebecca!

Utopiandreem &

S

Wow Rebecca!
That is soooooo great!
Congratulations!!!!!!!!
See ya at the Crawl!
Pea

Hot D*mn, Rebecca!!
Congratulations!!

It was worth hanging out with the famous American Idol Wannabe guy after all, eh? (Now he tells everyone he was in a class with YOU!)

So proud :)
alice b

Congratulatons Doc!
Aloha,
:tiki:

Way to go!!!

T

Congratulations, Doctor Cate! We love you! :wink:

May we buy you a drink at FI next week?! We had to get in line last time and the evening
ended too soon!

XOX tikivixen and Bill

yay! big congrats dr. rebecca cate! :)

for some demented reason i keep imagining the peanuts cartoon with lucy as the psychologist working the advice/lemonade stand and thinking this may be a good set up at the forbidden island. just a thought...

Congrads, Rebecca!

I guess that means yo are no longer part of the Kite Flying Society?

BL

Thanks so much to everyone for such kind words, and to all of the support over the years as I slogged my way through grad school. It always helped to have fun tiki events to take my mind off of studying. It will be even more fun to have fun tiki events now that I don't have to do any studying! Thanks again, everyone!

Rebecca

Wow - this is post #2! I'm on a roll!

CL

Hey Boo!

You go girl!!! :)

Pages: 1 23 replies