Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

How the Tiki Central Ohana Saved My Weekend...

Pages: 1 2 replies

T

Alright, I don't post much, so I wasn't real sure of how this would all work out, so I must preface the post with context in order for it to make sense...

For Memorial Day, I decided to get out of town and get in touch with the ocean...and chose Fort Lauderdale as the most likely target. It seemed like everything possible was going not-so-according-to-plan but of course I was just makin the best of what was landing in my lap.

There's the context...here's the story.

I decided the best bet for a good dinner and beverage session in town was the Mai Kai...of course :). HelzTiki and Mrs. Helztiki and ChipnAndy decided to join in...Now I have never met a more congenial group of "strangers" in my life...I'm not sure where to go with this as it's written, but we hung out at the Mai Kai, had a few drinks, and made was was turning into a vacation bust into a Great Horribly Successful Trip!. Now this is before adding in that the best part of the trip was surrounded by the coolest South Seas ambiance that I've ever been in...what a great way to sum up a trip.

So to each of you who joined in tonight...Thanks a BUNCH!

HelzTiki...I'll run into you sooner than later since you're moving to a fairly close location.

Chip and Andy...Thank you so much for showing up, it means a lot. I look forward to running into you two at a tiki event in the near future.

Mai Kai - Just great. Plain great. Great Great Great.

Mahalo nui loa to all involved!

TekoTeko

H
hewey posted on Sun, May 28, 2006 8:40 PM

How kool is the TC ohana?

It turns out Tekoteko didn't really like florida. He moved back to somewhere else.

[ Edited by: Chip and Andy 2009-06-05 18:04 ]

Pages: 1 2 replies