Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Les Adams and his Fabulous Hawaiians

Pages: 1 9 replies

Mahalo from a newbie!

I have been slowly building up my meager exotica music collection over the years, Baxter, Drasnin, Denny, Don Tiki, Chaino etc.

I have an long play Astor 45 in my collection featuring an artist called Les Adams and His Fabulous Hawaiians. Does anyone know of these guys, and did they do anything else. This is a desert island disc for sure!

K

I have one LP from Les Adams & His Fabulous Hawaiians called simply "Hawaii" on Astor out of Australia, c1965. Yeah, it's a pretty nice one.
I haven't seen another LP by them though.

Thanks - will have to keep an eye out.

R

On 2006-05-29 01:35, Kaiwaza wrote:
I have one LP from Les Adams & His Fabulous Hawaiians called simply "Hawaii" on Astor out of Australia, c1965. Yeah, it's a pretty nice one.
I haven't seen another LP by them though.

Hi Kaiwaza,

Finally found somebody who owns a Les Adams LP. I had one once, but it got stolen and I've been trying to find it for over 35 years! Even tried all kinds of search engines in Australia.
I was wondering if there could be a way I can get a copy of your LP? I'd be most grateful. If it's the one that I'm looking for, I'll be even more grateful. I don't remember all the songs on the one I lost, but it had a fantastic version of "Beyond The Reef" and I remember "Canadian Sunset" as another track on that LP.
Anyway, I hope it is possible. I will gladly pay you for your efforts. He used 2 (lap)steels , a harmonica and a vibraphone on this album.
Hope to hear from you...

Kind regards,
Rellik

K
Kono posted on Sat, Jun 10, 2006 8:52 PM

Did Xtabay pay you guys to post here? :wink:

He just posted this album on his blog:

http://www.whitepage.com.au/XtabaysWorld/

Enjoy!

R

That's the ONE !!! After 35 years!!!!

Thank you, Thank You, Thank You, Thank you, Thank You, Thank You !!!!!

Rellik

R

On 2006-06-10 20:52, Kono wrote:
Did Xtabay pay you guys to post here? :wink:

He just posted this album on his blog:

http://www.whitepage.com.au/XtabaysWorld/

Enjoy!

Thank you Kono! I've downloaded another album from your site too. By the way, The Waikiki's is a group from Belgium, as far as I know.

Rellik

R

Believe it or not, but this LP is now for sale on Ebay (Spain), and if my Spanish serves me well, it's in mint condition (I think it's 14 euro's)

K

Did someone mention the Waikikis? Only my favorite pseudo-Hawaiian group of all time. I dug those guys as a little kid and have managed to get most of their US releases and European ones, but I think I'm still missing a few LPs somewhere.
Belgium is where they are from and the actually had one song in the American top 40..Hawaii Tattoo. There are a couple of CD reissues of some of their stuff..the Bear Family did "Hawaii Tattoo" and Drive did "Aloah Hawaii" (their spelling) which is good. But Compose put out "The Best of The Waikikis" which is for the most part the weakest of the three..more mundane music.
I love these guys because they wrote most of their own material, and really did some crazy stuff.."March of The Beachcombers","Tiki Tiki Puka","Waikiki Parade", etc. One of their songs was even used on the Spongebob Squarepants movie CD ("Hawaiian March").
If you like the Waikikis, check out Bear family's release of The Hula Hawaiians too.

Paradise is a state of mind.

[ Edited by: Kaiwaza 2006-06-12 11:02 ]

On 2006-06-11 03:58, Rellik wrote:
That's the ONE !!! After 35 years!!!!

Thank you, Thank You, Thank You, Thank you, Thank You, Thank You !!!!!

Rellik

Utterly incredible! I will offer up a human sacrifice of my brain cells to the demon god of alcohol in thanks.

Like rellik, I have been chasing this one a looooong time

Thank you tiki central, and thank you Xtabay.

Umgowa!

Pages: 1 9 replies