Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

International Tiki Day Party-August 12-2006

Pages: 1 2 3 96 replies

Aloha to all our Tiki Central friends.....we are making the "official" announcement.

Mrs. Fury and I will be hosting this years International Tiki Day celebration in conjunction with the grand re-opening of the Rincon Room (see.....there is NO curse of Tiki Magazine). We hope to see as many of you here as possible. We are centrally located between San Francisco and San Diego, freeway close to the 101 and 2 miles from the train station. We will announce more details soon.

Saturday August 12, 2006

I can't wait to see the "New" Rincon Room! We'll be there!

Looking forward to it!

IN.

Let me know how we can help.

I want to.

We are IN and stoked to visit your new paradise!!!!

(Sorry Bongo, I love this picture)
![](http://www.audioautographs.com/tiki/rincon point.jpg)

A

In,
Mahalo,
Al

I'm in! Bongo, let me know if you need any assistance with the prepping!

TB

Really lookin forward to the New Rincon Room! We will be there!

TBird.

I just might be able to pull this one off. I got a landing pad in Ventura I can touch down on.
I really want to see what you and Ona have masterminded.

Chongolio

M

Always regretted not seeing the original Rincon Room. Now that its reopening, we will not miss it. Count us in for 2 more!

ModMana :drink:

Hey Bongo Fury,
Count me IN fo sho.
Can't wait to see what you've done with the place, and check out your surf music collection :)

Do you have a BBQ grill so I can bring my chicken Kabobs?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa :drink: :drink: We're There

I can't really commit, but as discussed previously, we're in...
Looking forwrd to it,
Ran

C

Me & my "new" husband, Bealza-Elvis, are in!

~Cyndee

Thanks for the response so far. We do have a grill so bring it on Bigtikidude! I may be asking for some volunteers to help out (guest bartending, cooks, etc.) if needed. Mrs. Fury was talking about Kahlua pork tacos or something easy.

I asked Bong a few weeks ago if he could play or attend, but he already has a gig that weekend. Damn rock stars......we may still be able to get Kenny G , but he said he was having trouble learning Quiet Village.

This town is loaded with hotels in case you don't want to pitch a tent on the lawn (or dirt as it is), and I think they are reasonable since we are not right on the water here. We do have lots of floor space (guest rooms are already spoken for) More to come.....keep your eye on the room progress over in Creating.

Congolio & Unga Bunga! (I love that pic of the surf break at Rincon, mostly a winter swell) NorCal represents! We are 11 miles closer so we hope to see more of you all, though we haven't been so good as to travel your way yet. After the house is done we hope to travel a lot more before I need a walker. Later.....

[ Edited by: bongofury 2006-06-01 05:55 ]

[ Edited by: goddess-sun 2006-05-31 19:53 ]

Send me up with Ona for the weekend and I can help with the build out.

Lookin forward to it!

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga 2006-06-01 01:25 ]

IN in spirit Bongo... wish I could be there!

Will we see you and the guys again in Fort Lauderdale?

I know Cabana Boy will be there again this year!

Bump,
After last weekends party at Ric and Monicas place.
Has made me really want to check out the new Rincon room.
Can't wait...

Jeff(bigtikidude)

B

International Tiki Day is on track! The Rincon Room will be ready. The pond will be finished tomorrow and OnaTiki is set to come back next week for some of the finish details. If anyone would like to guest bartend please let us know. I will post more info. Here is what is set so far:

Party from noon til ???

Live music by The Glasgow Tiki Shakers.

Breakfast for overnighters.

Here is hotel info for those that want to get their groove on in private:

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide-474148-camarillo_ca_vacations-i

The nearest hotel is the Candelite, about 3 miles away. Also recommended is Courtyard by Marriott, the first hotel on the south side of town about 5 miles away. Motel 6 is also close, but read the reveiws......looks good on the outside.

From the North exit the 101 at Lewis Road (look at the beautiful Catholic church on the hill with the liqour store and tattoo/piercing joint across the street). Same exit from the South too. If you are coming from the South Bay, L.A., etc. you may want to hit Pacific Coast Highway at the end of the 10 in Santa Monica and drive through Malibu and up around Point Mugu throuh the farmland. It may add 20-30 minutes, but a better view. PM me for the actual address (be patient as I am not a daily visitor). Easy to find with a google map but you will need to zoom out at least once.

Also our friend Polynesiac is working on a special necklace to celebrate the event.

We will also be celebrating Mrs. Fury's birthday (it's actually a couple weeks later) as we will have some out of town guests that wont be there otherwise (no gifts please, your presence will be her present)

I am planning on this right now. Still need to make travel and sleeping arrangements but I'm gonna be there come Bail or BongWater! Gonna be my first big tiki trip!

Whatever you need help with, you name it and you got it!

TB

Im in for a guest bartender slot!

TBird.

M

I will volunteer as a guest drinker and crowd control.

I will also supervise the stage dives so nobody gets hurt.

Didnt you say that Skoal was sponsoring the event?

Should I bring my clip on mullet?

Aloha Furies!! (and to the rest of TC!)
I know I've been a little out of touch for awhile...
Count me in! (+1) James and I will be there!!!
I miss everyone too much!

Dolphin Tiki

[ Edited by: Dolphin Tiki 2006-07-10 07:19 ]

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-16 14:13 ]

C'mon filslash.......you're supposed to be here, aren't you?

Please don't bring any fancy rums that we can't just mix up right here and now (unless you are going to help me drink it or it's from Cuba). Not that we don't appreciate it, but we usually drink beer and tequila. Just your standard light & dark. Beer is good too if it is from Germany, Mexico, Australia, Japan, or microbrew. Lite beer for you only.....I don't know anyone alse that drinks it. Mickee is going to do some Kahlua pork. We will have some rice and tortillas ( surfin food). Any thing else on the pot-luck order to go with it is good (lobster, prime rib, etc). I never got any deviled eggs at Ona's (hint-hint). The grill is open to anything you want, but don't let your fish touch Mrs. Fury's food (damn we're picky).

I have a ton of extra Hawaiian, exotica and a few surf lps. Bring your duplicates and let's all do some trading!

Hey Bongofurry,
If this heatwave continues is it cool if we dake a dip in the fish pond?
joking of course, I think???

Jeff(bigtikidude)

It's still hot, but in the high 80s with morning fog for now. It can get chilly at night too. Check the weather report as the day gets closer. You can stick your feet in the pond, but things will get ugly if you mess with the pirahnas. I can turn the heat off in the spa. If we can find some lime sherbet (for some reason the local stores don't have any right now) you might be able to get Mrs. Fury to whip up some "Hawaiian Eyes" with or without booze It will bring down your core temperature, but beware the brain freeze.

On 2006-07-20 20:00, bongofury wrote:
If we can find some lime sherbet (for some reason the local stores don't have any right now) you might be able to get Mrs. Fury to whip up some "Hawaiian Eyes" with or without booze It will bring down your core temperature, but beware the brain freeze.

Mmmm...brain freeze.

Can't wait!

Very nice Tony........thanks! The beachcomber has been busy carving panels for the posts in the room. Should have final inspection next week.

oooo....you makin' prints o' that good stuff, Tony? me likey!

here's a sneaky-peaky-o'-da-tiki! It's still rough, so be kind!

This is the rincon room sig tiki by tikidiablo. I still have quite a bit of smoothin' out and detail to do. I'll be casting only 25 of these puppies, each one individually numbered and signed, hand pulled and painted available ONLY at the most excellent new rincon room bar/ ITD party on a first come first served basis. I'm leaving town for 10 days or so, but I will post the finished product when I get back!

Hope you like!

T

Mrs. Pug and I are making the trek from Vegas. Can't wait to see all of our friends. It is Mrs. Pug birthday that day, and I would love if we could sing a drunken rendition of Happy Birthday.

P.S. The backyard looks AWESOME. Can't wait to see it in person.

Vegas BABY!

[ Edited by: TikiPug 2006-07-27 13:59 ]

Polynesiac rocks! Better get here early if you want one of those. I do believe that TikiTony's print for the party may be given out to our TC friends that attend. Mrs. Pug and Mrs. Fury will be sharing the birthday love.....so sing loud and often. Don't forget the lp trading. Here's what will be playing at the South Seas Drive-in:

Oriental Vanities (also known as Burlesque in Hawaii)
Forbidden Jungle
Sanford & Son in Hawaii (part 2) with Don Ho
A cartoon about Easter Island

It's A Bikini World
Wild On The Beach
Surf Party
Waikiki, In The Wake Of Dreams

I can also dig out......
Catalina Caper
Catalina Pirate Party

Aloha

DZ

Seeing that my annual 'Summer Spectacular' won't be happening this year, any chance that I could get in on the birthday luvin' too? (oh, BTW - Pandora and I will be there - Tent City for us, baby!!)
:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

I am sooo bummed I'm not going to be able to make it. I've got a family vacation planned and just can't do both. Enjoy the bongwaters and other specialty drinks. I know everyone is going to have a blast. All my best.
Cheers.

RR

Is there any thought on going to the Hong Kong Inn on Friday night again?

O.K........Mrs. Fury, Mrs. Pug, and Dr. Zs birthday celebrations! We will miss you Matt. I know how the vacation thing goes. We had out of state company the last 2 years during ITD and was doing a remodel for the in-laws for the first ITD. Looks like you will have to have the party at your place next year to be sure you don't miss it. Hong Kong Inn is a possibility if there is any interest, but I recommend eating & drinking somewhere else first.

bump

DT

I am an August 12th bday as well! Have a great party!

[ Edited by: dua tale 2006-08-09 16:59 ]

Bongo Fury,
do you have a giant spatula(sp?) to scrape me off the ground the next morning, and pour me into my truck, and get me back down the road to LA/OC area for a party at 3 pm on Sun.? ha ha ha

Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2006-08-07 22:42 ]

B

The Rincon Room passed final inspection Monday, so we are working on the decor. I have a favor to ask, the place I get Passionfruit Syrup is out of business and I won't be able to mailorder in time. Could someone bring a bunch and I will reimburse? Remember to PM me for our address. Aloha.

C

I can throw you down 1-2 TV's that I ordered extra last time. I will check when I get home!

We can't wait!

:)

Thanks to all that PMd. Kick The Reverb is bringing a bunch of syrup (Mrs. Fury has plenty of pancake syrup), but won't be there til later in the afternoon. So....Cyntiki if you are coming earlier that would be groovy if you've got a spare. Rob Roy is also checkin to see if there is some in Ventura.

It was warm today (82 degrees) but we will be getting some morning fog in the next couple of days and Saturday looks to be 76 and 59 at night. We look forward to seeing everyone here!

Aloha

H

Q-tiki and I will be there after 6 pm, can't wait.

WOW...well, here is the official International Tiki Day Pendant! This carving is based on the signature tiki for the rincon room that was originally done by the mastah himself: Mr. Tikidiablo. I've downsized it, carved it, molded it, cast it, and painted it just for you wonderful tiki peeps!!!! There will only be 25 available and only $15 each! I'm aiming to be there around 3:00pm Can't wait!

As of right now, I only have 4 totally finished! eeeek! gotta get busy!

Pages: 1 2 3 96 replies