Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Exotica 90--Martin Denny

Pages: 1 3 replies

Anyone heard of or have this CD? I've searched a bunch of online record retailers, and no one has any listings for it. Is it worth the search? Any ideas where to look?

Mahalo,

Scott

[ Edited by: new2tiki 2006-05-31 11:59 ]

Good luck finding a copy. It is definitely worth searching out though. It is a Japanese only release that does include some vocals on a few tracks by a Japanese singer. This is its only downfall. The intrumentals are incredible though and these are also the last recordings with Martin Denny and Arthur Lyman playing together! Even Harold Chang and Julius Wechter are on this disc as well. The sound quality is excellent! Highly Recommended!!!

Your best bet on locating one would be on eBay.

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

On 2006-05-31 03:57, Jeff Central wrote:
Good luck finding a copy. It is definitely worth searching out though. It is a Japanese only release that does include some vocals on a few tracks by a Japanese singer. This is its only downfall. The intrumentals are incredible though and these are also the last recordings with Martin Denny and Arthur Lyman playing together! Even Harold Chang and Julius Wechter are on this disc as well. The sound quality is excellent! Highly Recommended!!!

Wow this is an old thread. I just got off the phone with Christina Denny, and she urged me to find a copy too. If anyone has one that they'd like to share with yours truly, I'd be most indebted. I'm told the songs "Mayumi" and "June (When Love Was Young" are ones to look for.

-Randy

S

Anybody still looking for this disc ? I've located two .

Let me know .

Sushi

Pages: 1 3 replies