Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Our New Favorite Artist-Swanson

Pages: 1 18 replies

Holden pointed me towards this website a couple months ago: http://www.alohaworkshop.com

We emailed Marc and he invited us to his studio when we were on Oahu where we met his wife and daughter also. They were very nice and talked to Mrs. Fury's Dad for a long time (he is also an artist). Turns out (que "It's A Small World") they used to live a couple miles from us when we lived in Thousand Oaks. We love his work and he gave us a nice print. Anyway.....check out the art on his site as I am sure we will be seeing lots of his work in the future.

H
hewey posted on Wed, May 31, 2006 7:46 PM

Some kool art there. Nice

K
kirby posted on Wed, May 31, 2006 8:10 PM

it looks like a mix between shag,tikitony,thorston,and kooche..weird..but it still looks good though...

..this stuff is the cats ass!!!! -i love it!!!

I love this guy's color palette! Totally has the Disneyland serigraph look to it!

After reading Swanson's bio I feel that my previous reference to him as "this guy" was totally weak! Wow! What a fantastic career and life path! I think I have a new hero in Swanson!

[ Edited by: suburbanpagan 2006-05-31 23:52 ]

D

He does great stuff. I can't wait to get his mug for my show.

Why was this post moved? Tiki Marketplace? He isn't selling anything on his website yet.......I'm not posting anymore.

...i changed my mind...swanson sucks!!! ..for the mere reason that he never returned my email in regards to purchasing some of his art....guess he doesn't need any sales....bastard.

On 2006-05-31 23:46, suburbanpagan wrote:
I love this guy's color palette! Totally has the Disneyland serigraph look to it!

The hula wahine also reminds me of Poccahantus (sp).

S

Looks like he finally got some prints up on his website.

Ordered a print back on Dec.2 2006 and have not received anything yet. No response to 2 emails thus far! Does anybody know the what the deal is with Swanson. Is he a rip-off artist? I am disappointed.

[ Edited by: TIKI-TONGA 2007-01-25 19:57 ]

T

Hey Tiki-Tonga ... 2 emails since 1996 ...that bastard has his nerve not answering you !!!!!!!

On 2007-01-25 18:32, TIKI-TONGA wrote:
Ordered a print back on Dec.2 1996 and have not received anything yet. No response to 2 emails thus far! Does anybody know the what the deal is with Swanson. Is he a rip-off artist? I am disappointed.

WOW you have been waiting for 10 years and some change and your print still hasn't came? I think maybe wait 5 more years and send him a 3rd e-mail.

Great Art! Wow! Hope he gets the prints to you guys. You never know with artists, they are so darned flaky!

Ordered a print back on Dec.2 1996 and have not received anything yet. No response to 2 emails thus far! Does anybody know the what the deal is with Swanson. Is he a rip-off artist? I am disappointed.

Thanks Spermy and TikiLaLe for catching my typo. I did mean 2006 not 1996! :blush:

T

Typo ...ah sh*t !!!! How come I didn't spot it?

S

I have purchased items from Swanson on multiple occaisions. The items all arrived without incidence, although it did take about a week longer than anticipated.

I suggest send them another e-mail, good luck

H

Ordered a print back on Dec.2 2006 and have not received anything yet. No response to 2 emails thus far! Does anybody know what the deal is with Swanson. Is he a rip-off artist? I am disappointed.

Don't Panic.

I just spoke with Mark a week ago and understand he is very busy improving printing techniques so that all his beautiful work kicks even more ass.

Just breath deeply and rest assured that when your print arrives shorty, you will weep with joy at it's sublime perfection.

T

This 'cat' can take your hard earned dough but he can't e-mail and tank-you for your purchase !!! His sh*t better be good !!!!

Pages: 1 18 replies