Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Formikahini in San Antonio, June 12-20

Pages: 1 10 replies

Hey SA TC folk!

I'll be in your fair city in two weekends for a week of work, and I'd love to meet up with you. I'll be staying at Trinity U, grading AP exams by day, but my evenings will be mostly free.

If there's nothing better, there's always Mai Tai in a Blender ("I know it's serious" -J$):
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=9602&forum=1&0

Tekoteko said he's in! Benehune? Heelgrinder? Anyone else there?

BTW, I FI-nally found the Kon-Tiki Hotel...
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=7729&forum=6
F

[ Edited by: Formikahini 2006-05-31 22:15 ]

T

I'm always up for a blended Mai Tai...I don't think I've ever been there actually. Definitely in though. Any night except tuesday!

count me & my hubby IN!!!

we can always go to the crappy "tiki bar" in the chinese restaurant, haha! if i can whip my house into shape, maybe we can have you over for a real cocktail!

B

I am off for the summer, so I am game too. I look forward to finally meeting some of the TC ohana.

T

Formikahini got to town a bit early...and we got together at Tong's Thai on Austin Highway. Great to see some Ohana in San Antonio!!! Now, the other SA TCers...what's the plan for later this week? Tuesday is the only night I can't make it.

TT

May i be the first to say HOW FUN WAS THAT??? What a great night ya'll. look forward to seeing you all again soon.

On 2006-06-16 23:32, tekoteko wrote:
...HOW FUN WAS THAT???....

FIll in the Blanks! My favorite game!

You have to qualify THAT with more words or at least pictures. Or do the blackmail images come later? :wink:

B

Hey guys, I had a blast too. I will post pix tomorrow.

May I just say, what WONderful ohana are the San Antonio kin!

Teketeko just couldn't be cuter, Benehune has now learned that meeting TC folks isn't scary at all (and better than knife collecters), and Heelgrinder and her equally darling hubby Scott just couldn't be better hosts (or dressers....or decoraters). And Maile the Hula-Dancing Chihuahua - don't even get me started. And I usually don't even like litle dogs. Especially chihuahuas. Es-PECIALLY chihuahuas. But Maile? For her I'll make a happy exception.

Perdedor that I am, I brought no camera, so I too await the fotos. But suffice it to say that we TC Texans all enjoyed each others' company immensely and look forward to the next meeting!

Now to get you all to get over to Houston and see my place :)
F

B

I would have to say it was a good time had by all. Heelgrinder and her husband were excellent hosts, and boy did Scott have a cherry car. Formikahini really did take to Maile, as one can clearly see. And Teko, thanks for keeping me laughing all night. I can't wait for our next meeting. Maybe we can do it in Austin and people from all over can join. Just a thought.

yes, oh yes...so much fun! we had a blast, and i can't believe it took this long for south texas TCers to meet!

next stop...HUKILAU!!!

Pages: 1 10 replies