Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Help. Easy Malibu Rum drink recipe needed

Pages: 1 5 replies

C
caddio posted on Thu, Jun 1, 2006 3:07 PM

I'm having a Tiki party for my daughter's 3rd Birthday, and I need a semi-sweet drink that is easy to make in large batches (don't want to be stuck behind the bar the entire night) and that uses Malibu Rum (I just love the stuff). The drink is for the adults not the kids.

Mucho Mahalo,

Caddio

Ok its a secret recipe but you need more than Malibu
its called a J&J (named after the creators)
Since you want a batch I'm using parts to mean equal amounts
1 Part Malibu Rum
1 Part Midori (try it as a half part first - some time too much of this stuff can be bad)
1 Part Absolut vodka
1/2 Part Orange Juice
1/2 Part Pineapple juice
ice is good too!
For taste / decoration cherries, pineapple chunks and Orange slices

This can also be made into a tasty frozen drink too. Just take out the fruit before you blend it up!
Also can be done as a shot too!

Let me know how you like it!

malibu
peach schnapps
oj
ice

can't get much more simple than that.

C
caddio posted on Thu, Jun 1, 2006 5:09 PM

Thanks for the recipes. The bar will be open for testing tonight.

Caddio

C

Cayman Island Punch

1 Part Dark Jamacian Rum (Myers Rum)
1 Part Coconut rum
1 Part Guava Nectar
3 Parts Pineapple juice
3 Parts Orange Juice

Pour the mixed punch over ice cubes and then,
add and dash of grenadine to each drink

Was just shopping online to restock my Kamanawanalea Lounge and did a search for "Tromba Tequila." They don't carry it, but their system gave me the puzzling search result shown below - Malibu Rum. Normally I'm ok with that, and I move on. But this time I noticed that the rum has a zillion 5 star ratings, and also that the description is really bizarre. "Toasted coconut, mineral and vegetable oil aromas." Is it just me, or are both the high ratings and the description way out there and bizarre? I never think of Malibu rum anywhere near 5 stars. And I never think of mineral oil or vegetable oil as being aromatic. This description seems far from being any sort of compliment. I believe the unfortunate reality is that there is not some guy at the distillery whose sole job it is to squeeze real coconuts and extract real flavor for their product. Heh.

Pages: 1 5 replies