Thanatos New Tiki Pool Bar New Pics of Luau

Pages: 1 28 replies

T

Ok started a new Tiki Pool bar. Need somewhere to:

1. Put carvings
  2. Hook up beer keg
  3. Play poker
    and wife wants pool area back....
    Here are some starting pics. Having my yearly luau on June 25..

Any sugestions are welcomed

From back door

Front. Wil be 3/4 open

Wood torching

Ill be uploadng pictures. Need to get carving...

Any sugestions>>>?????

Thanks

"Those above are going down, those below are going up" by unknown
"Do not be afraid, GO DEEP" by A-A
"Life is like this: sometimes sun, sometimes rain." by unknown

[ Edited by: Thanatos 2006-07-10 17:30 ]

T

Looks like a good start! What's the floor made of?

HK

That looks like a nice space you have there. Can't wait to see how it develops. Good luck! Post more progress pics, please.

Josh
http://www.whollycatsband.com

T

floor is 3/4 plywood with indoor outdoor carpet. Thanks everyone!

B

YES, It's lookin good. That looks like a Large bar and you're gonna have fun making it look just right!

T

Looks like you can fit 20 of us in the tiki !!! Keep the pictures coming --- Nice sized yard for Tampa !!!

T

I decided to build a sigh post. Bought a couple of store made signs. Here are some I threw together....

M
McTiki posted on Tue, Jun 6, 2006 2:09 PM

Sweet beginings here Thanatos !!! Get some 25 X 6 ft rolls of bamboo fencing from Lowe's or Home Depot and start stapling man. Great start. Thought about huricane strapping? Weatherproofing? Termites? Bamboo ? (It's always found cut down and on the road for pickup here) Whole & natural, ot ripped and glossy, Bamboo adds tropic detail yet it's rum-proof to some extent to install. I like the location. Does it face south?

Nice. Bet yer sweatin though. lol

Mahalo

Mc

TD

now that is comming along nice. i like the wood torching you did there real nice touch. cant wait for the new pictures of it. i especially like the signs you made they add a good friendly tiki spirit to it.
excellent job keep the pictures and the work comming.

T

Thanks to everyone. Will put up some new pics tommorow...
Love your website Haole Kat
Benz.. Yeah It is so freaking hot, hard to make it right.
McTiki.. Well Huricane proofing is hard. The 4x4x16 are all buried in the ground from 4 ft to 8ft. We put her together pretty good and as for bugs,,, it is what it is. Yes it does face south. Been collecting bamboo and palms for about 5 months for this

Thanks everybobdy! New pics tommorow!

T

Any tiki damage from Alberto? ---- Long Summer ahead !!!!

B

Lookin Better every day, you gotta be getting close.

TG

Thanatos keep that up and your going to be giving "Mc" a run for his money! Looking good.

T

Ok sorry for the delay, hurricanes, my luau had to go into overtime. Here are the pics and Ill upload pics from the Luau....

Sign post to bar

The Tiki Pirate bar.... We also play poker here...

Inside you can see my grills. Yes i know everyone hates Buffett.

Front door. Made keg barrell on wall it works. MMMMMM beer

Made 2 barrel tables. Barrels cost 45.oo. I cut the tops.

From the pool

Anyone need plans, help, how to,,,, just ask.

RG

Looks amazing!

I for one do not hate Buffett :)

D

Wow, looks amazing!!!

(And I don't hate Buffett either!)

well now that looks like a good spot to hang out. its got everything. it looks real good there. im sure its a wicked cool relaxing party place. nice

B

Thanatos, It's lookin better and better, Pretty soon you will be having to clean up after those wild parties to come and I Know they will be crazy, I've heard the word. Start the countdown soon. Lookin Great!

T

That looks great! I like the way you flamed the walls/ table. Cool bar!

Looking great keep at it!!!

Dean

M
McTiki posted on Fri, Jul 7, 2006 3:47 AM

Sweetness. I am intrigued by the pirate influence in this state. Hope the neighbors are cool (Mine are tolerant provided they got invited). Mosquitoes?

T

Thanks Benz and everyone. Mosquitos not a problem.
Neighbours are cool. Luau was great. It was on the worst storm day of year. Didnt slow us down at all. Here sre some party pics.......
Not storming out side.. About 2ish

5 oclock

wife and my bst friend!

Ahhhhhh

volleyball in a storm

U

Thanatos,

We just moved to Bradenton and are building a house up in Riverview. House should be completed in May 07. I noticed you are a Buffett fan and a Gator fan, my top two obsessions. I may need to have you help me put together a tiki area in my backyard once the house is ready. Awesome setup you have. Go Gators!

T

No problem, let me know

D

On 2006-07-03 09:11, Rev. Griz wrote:
Looks amazing!

I for one do not hate Buffett :)

Lucky for you look what I found :)

K

Hmmm.. you know, I never in a million years would have guessed that the Jimmy Buffett website would have an "Aviation and space" forum.

I for one would never get on a plane flown by someone with the moniker "Tequila Revenge". But that's just me.

I'm going to ask the mods there if they can set up a "Molecular biology and theoretical astrophysics" forum. There you will find me posting under the login "StonedAgin".

Ahu

HC

I'm so envious.....all that water and it never freezes....maybe i should switch to Totem Pole Central....fine bar
Thantos......KuKuAhu , YOU are brilliantly bonkers!.....but as you know all planes and rockets are severely buffeted !

flounder likes buffet.

T

Wow - has it really gotten to this point here? I thought TC was supposed to be about Poly Pop...

Pages: 1 28 replies