Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

the lucky tiki painting Stolen keep an eye out

Pages: 1 19 replies

K
kirby posted on Thu, Jun 1, 2006 9:53 PM

Krappy news ... The lucky Tiki painting I did for the bar got jacked... It was taken right off the wall but no body notest who took it. It must have been on a night with no door man or sumthin. If any body sees it out there let me know..mahalo...kirby
it looks like this

KIRBY
Kirby's Island.com
The Tiki Adventure
Kirby's Gallery

[ Edited by: kirby 2006-06-01 21:53 ]

[ Edited by: kirby 2006-06-01 21:59 ]

F
foamy posted on Fri, Jun 2, 2006 5:29 AM

Bummer. That is a sort of back-handed compliment though (art thieves make me think of Robert Wagner). What I wonder about is: How can they display it? What's the point of having a painting that you can't hang up? Go figure. If they'd just parted with a bit of cash, they could say "Hey, look at the piece of art I just bought..." Low-lifes are everywhere.

...who says they want to keep it?? they'll probably try to sell it, but not on ebay.....

T
teaKEY posted on Fri, Jun 2, 2006 7:00 AM

The Scream is stolen at the moment, but there is four of them. Lets see if they try and sell it, that would be stupid.

Hey, Thieves, if you can get it back on the wall, we will wave the head hunting party.

MR

WTF is wrong with people? That's a bummer Kirby. I hope it turns up. My fingers are crossed.

S

Man that sucks. I have had art stolen from public and semi-public places at least five times. It is a great piece and I hope you get it back soon.

..kirby, i hope the lucky tiki paid you for that piece!! if so, it's their problem now....if not, lesson learned.

T
teaKEY posted on Fri, Jun 2, 2006 8:24 PM

There problem or not, an artist's honor is to see their work in public places for all to enjoy and to see their "children" from time to time.

Hopefully bad juju will fall upon the rotten scoundrle(sp?) who did this. I say track them down and throw them in the Volcano.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2006-06-02 21:43 ]

H
hewey posted on Sat, Jun 3, 2006 12:09 AM

Man that sucks! But yeh, I agree it is a backhanded compliment.

Hopefully the piece gives the thieves hell :)

You gonna get something else in there?

BP

Thats some seriously bad karma those p*^%k's are messin with. not to mention the wrath of TCers world wide.

bob

[ Edited by: Bobby Peru 2006-06-03 01:25 ]

[ Edited by: Bobby Peru 2006-06-03 01:27 ]

I'm so sorry to hear about this!

It's extra sad to think of all the people that won't be able to enjoy your fantastic painting Kirby :(

I hope it makes a speedy return! I'll keep my eyes peeled.

LAME...

Yikes! I feel bad for both you and the bar Kirby. I've been to the Lucky Tiki a few times, so I have seen it before. When this kind of crap happens to you, it makes you really wonder what is wrong with people!?!?! I hope the painting gets recovered and the perps get what they deserve.

W
Wolli posted on Tue, Jun 6, 2006 6:44 PM

That's a big shame !!!
I think someone told me that someone stole one of Squid Freaky Tikis, too.

It's soo bad that some people don't respect other people's belongings.

It's a great painting. I love it !!! You done an awesome work, Kirby

tons of great photos from shows around the world
KustomKulturePhotos

[ Edited by: Wolli 2006-06-06 18:45 ]

Next time use a security mount!

Shame you have to think about it, but art in public places...
well it gets legs of its own....

K

That is a HUGE bummer. Sorry it happened to you. Maybe it was a good thing though... I mean, how Lucky can it be if it was stolen - right? Perhaps right now the thief is trapped in a well... Or maybe he/she got a D.U.I. on the way home from the bar the night they stole the painting!

I ran across this on ebay. Could this be it? I never saw it in person before it got stolen, so I don't know the size of it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Beautiful-Kirby-LUCKY-TIKI-print-framed-not-Mug-NiiCe_W0QQitemZ260021700006QQihZ016QQcategoryZ35805QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

K
kirby posted on Tue, Aug 22, 2006 4:20 PM

thanks for keepin an eye out trevor,but thats just a print of the accual piece I believe...mahalo...kirby

T

I thought the same thing for a brief moment today, when I saw that. But I knew, it couldn't be that cheap starting off

Pages: 1 19 replies