Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Lucky Tiki Sunday Nights (6/11)Who's gonna go...t

Pages: 1 18 replies

K
kirby posted on Sun, Jun 4, 2006 4:02 PM

I just heard that the lucky tiki wont be closing any time soon.So lets make this summer as good as last and come on down on sunday nights. Dj lee will be there spinning his tunes plus the most awsomest tiki drink maker in the world suzy. So come on out and have atikirifik fun time, at the lucky tiki on sunday nights...

KIRBY
Kirby's Island.com
The Tiki Adventure
Kirby's Gallery

[ Edited by: kirby 2006-06-07 15:42 ]

[ Edited by: kirby 2006-06-11 14:18 ]

I heartily agree. Suzy is a great bartender and always serves with a smile! Atomic and I do encourage all we know to frequent this fine establishment. DJ Lee also adds greatly to the festive atmosphere on Sunday nights.

I can attest to this by having to spend a night in the dumpster in the back. Smooth but potent grogs. Nice dumpster with a sunroof too by the way.

Hey Kirby, all,
Does the LT have any events planned for the summer?
Like another Tiki Art expo....
what's the story on the no move?

I like the place alot, and went there a bit last summer, but it's just so damn far for drinks(though pretty good).
I need an event to entice me to comin up.
Sorry. Gas prices are killing me.

Jeff(bigtikidude)
p.s.
if it happens, lets do Safari room or BBQ at Hoggly wogglys before hand.

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2006-06-05 15:41 ]

C

Hey Big Tiki Dude,
Suzy told me the art shows are on hold until after the move. Unfortunately, I did not ask when the move was gonna take place. I would like to make another trip down there for an art show.

Laters,
Chongolio

move? where the hell have I been?

H

Here's the low-down on the move, as of February... don't know what the latest word is:

http://blog.humuhumu.com/2006/02/13/lucky-tiki-moving-in-october

K
kirby posted on Mon, Jun 5, 2006 4:57 PM

As of last thursday I was told that the are not going to move this year. The people who purchased the property have givin them an extention. And from the info i recieved they probly wont have to move for a couple years. But dont take this info as the gospel becous things may change.I will let you know if i hear anything new...

Thanks for the lowdown!

A BIG MAHALO TO ALL AT TIKI CENTRAL FOR YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT OF SUNDAYS AT THE LUCKY TIKI!!!!!

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you all personally for making Sundays at the Lucky Tiki so very special and memorable. It has been such a treat meeting many of you, and getting to know you and call you friends.

Thank you for your loyal patronage over the last year and a half, as well as your enthusiasm, and your THIRST FOR TIKI!!!

It has truly been a pleasure to mix drinks for you!!!

THANK YOU to EVERYONE who attended and participated in The Lucky Tiki Art Shows! There are so many talented tiki people out there, and it was a thrill to see the bar filled with such AMAZING ART and such a POSITIVE ATMOSPHERE! The art shows where so rewarding to me, both as an artist and a hostess/bartender, and I really owe it all to you!

For the time being, I have packed up my strainer and my muddler, and will be focusing on my illustration career.

Sundays will now be in the lovely and capable hands of Angie. She is a great bartender; friendly, funny, and enthusiastic to learn new exotic tiki recipes! She has the Lucky Tiki signature drinks down to a science, and is quite the mix-master herself-try a Bona Mona next time you stop in, and tell her Suzy says hello! : )

I'm horrible about downloading pictures, but thought this would be a perfect time to share them with you-as a salute to SUNDAYS AT THE LUCKY TIKI with BARTENDER SUZY and the amazing DJ LEE, and a THANK YOU to everyone who made them so special!!!

Enjoy. : )

See ya' round the tiki bar!

You friend,
Suzy (Atomikitty)

Mahalo from Suzy, DJ Lee, Adam and Johnny! : )

K
kirby posted on Wed, Jun 7, 2006 3:49 PM

That has to be the worst news if heard in a while suzy.. I will realy miss you as the bubblie bartender. But i hope you stop by and hang with us on sunday nights.. I also would like to thank you so much for gettin the art shows goin, it has been a blast.Now get bizzzy postin your newest creations we wanna seee um...kirby

T
thejab posted on Wed, Jun 7, 2006 4:31 PM

A big MAHALO to you Suzy, for the delicious drinks, served with your lovely smile, when I was able to visit. Sundays won't be the same when I'm in L.A. (although I still plan to go when I can). The best of luck to you on your illustration endeavours!

I can't think of a better reason for Suzy to put down the shaker because her illustration career deserves more attention! What a talent that will be exploding on the scene now with all of her focus going to it! Cheers to you Suzy! You kick arse!

C

Yeah Suzy! get out there and get your art in front of the eyes that would love to see it!
Good luck to ya!

Chongolio

S

Mahalo Suzy!

The Lucky Tiki has been such a special place! A wonderful group of people, the right music, wonderful drinks, I could go on and on! The photo montage just sums it up perfectly. Here's wishing you the very best with your illustration work!

H

Suzy I am so sad to hear this news. I wish you the best of luck. The gang and I will miss you a lot. :(

Hey Suzy,
sad and great news at the same time.
I was thinking about starting to go again on Sundays.
I may still, but won't be the same without you.

That Painting you did of the tropical shack with dancing people in it, with the Bamboo frame,
Proudly hangs behind my home tiki bar.
Hope to see more great stuff from you soon.
Please stay on Tiki Cantral and check in once in awhile.

Jeff(bigtikidude)
p.s. thanks for adding the pics of me to the montage
I was only there about 10 times last year. :)

Hey everyone,

Thanks so much for the kind words and encouragement! :D

I will be posting pictures of my 'Coconut Monkey' paintings as they are finished, so keep an eye out in the TC creating tiki thread.

I found some more fun photos from the 'Spooky Tiki' Halloween art show-so enjoy!

If you have any pictures from your Sundays at The Lucky Tiki, I'd love to see 'em!

Cheers! :drink:

Suzy (atomikitty)

K
kirby posted on Sun, Jun 11, 2006 2:20 PM

Any one planning on coming out to the lucky tiki tonight... Come on lets get our drink on...

Pages: 1 18 replies