Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

any tiki shows in canada soon?

Pages: 1 10 replies

TD

hey i live in canada and cant get around to all the other tiki events so if there are any comming up id like to know.
thanks.

R

Not much for events here in the great white north. Where abouts are you?

TD

yea i live in manitoba. i havent ever seen or heard anything about this kind of stuff. i am the only person i know of that is doing stuff like this in the area. somebody is already paying me to make a tiki for them and i just started a few weeks ago.

T

Aloha!! Over on the coast here there isn't a hell of alot going on either! I am just outside of Vancouver, BC, and all I do is read about all the events that are happening everywhere else! We had a little gathering last year where we got a few TC'ers and headed down to the Waldorf Hotel which was cool to check out.

If you feel like a road trip out this way, there is a Polynesian Dance Show happening on Sunday June 25th. The show is really good and is put on by an Internationally known local Polynesian Dance Studio. I will be posting a link on our website and also put a post here so everyone else can read about it.

We just set up there for the two day dance competition and that was really good!! A few different dance studios came and competed and put on an awesome show. They even had fire dancers as well! If you are in the area, it is worth checking out. It is very entertaining and they do a great job. We will be set up there offering some of our Imported Tiki stuff along with a few of our handmade custom items.

Sorry, cant really help you out in Manitoba!!
Keep the Tiki alive!
Mahalo!! Dan Taboo Tiki

TD

hey man thanks dan. yea manitoba dosent have much going on but its not too bad. yea i was out in b.c. a few years ago and i miss it. i also used to live in langley b.c. its just amazing out there.
thanks for the words dan. good day

D

hey Duddy! welcome ~ i'm not all that familiar with the geography of Canada, but next to Manitoba is Ontario (thats where Montreal is, right?)there is THE MONTREAL TIKI APPRECIATION SOCIETY and they have been publishing the Mai Tai newsletter since late 1998, perhaps that might be of some help?

edited because a Canuck made fun of me.. evidently Montreal is nowhere near Ontario. but to my defense, i think the map was written in French. or some other lame excuse, like i took World History in summerschool a billion years ago... (ok, the edit is putting bold around the "not familiar" part of my post. the rest of you cartographers can look it up for yourself :)

[ Edited by: dogbytes 2006-06-07 22:27 ]

Welcome Duddy!

Keep that tiki spirit alive, even in Manitoba! I'm over on Vancouver Island in BC, and we have nothing here either.

The Hot Rod Hula Hop put on by the Fraternal Order of the Moai is happening August 18 & 19 down in Columbus, Ohio if you're looking for a road trip type event. I'll be there if I can afford a plane ticket.

PLT

Welcome Tiki Duddy! Nice to see Manitoba represented here on TC. If there's a future event in Canada, I'm sure you'll see it here on TC first!

PS >That's OK Dogbytes, I have no idea where Arkansas is.

TD

ok thanks you guys. it sucks a little being where none of this is going on and to get to something you have to have some money. but as long as im carving im happy.
dogbytes its no problem really many people can get confused. and i also dont know where arkensas is.

Belated greetings Tiki Duddy. Just thought I'd chime in to tell you that there ain't nothing tiki happening in Edmonton either. If there's ever some kind of tiki gathering in Winnipeg, I'm there.

I know where Manitoba's is, it's at 99 Avenue B, right? :wink:

I don't know how far up the province you are (are you closer to Nunavut or Winnipeg?), or how willing to drive long distances you are, but you could set a date to meet people at the Camelot Resort in Ontario or at Jardin Tiki in Montreal, or at Psycho Suzi's in Minneapolis, Mn., if you don't mind visiting the US.

Other than that I'd say you have to make yourself a Backyard Paradise that people are willing to drive to you to visit, and then invite them over.

Pages: 1 10 replies