Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

King's Hawaiian Bakery & Restaurant

Pages: 1 15 replies

Has anyone been here lately?
http://kingshawaiian.com/bakery_rest.html

I noticed that they mention a breakfast menu. Any chance of including this in a 2003 Tiki Trek starting here?

SugarCaddyDaddy

If you go to Kings, make sure to get a slice of 'Paradise cake' which is my favorite.

kings is hawaiian like BH TV is to tiki,
but bong is right they got some jammin cakes , and the paradise in on of da best.

Oh, man.... that thick cut french toast made from their Portugese sweet bread smothered in coconut syrup..... ahhhhhhh. That's good stuff. Fine loco moco, too. The decor is bright and Hawaiiany. Aquariums, giant pineapple, old Hawaiian photos, etc. Good food and bakery items. This was the Sunday morning stop on my Hollywood Hawaiian Holiday back in 1999( See http://briefcase.yahoo.com/weirduncletiki).Not to be missed when in Torrance!
-Weird Uncle Tiki

On 2002-12-13 09:33, sugarcaddydaddy wrote:
Any chance of including this in a 2003 Tiki Trek starting here?

I'm in, but only if Sabu and Z do a Torrance Tiki Tour afterwards. 8)

--cyn

Just wanted to let you guys know that there's also a King's Hawaiian Cafe on Western. It just opened in October. It gets pretty crowded around lunch time. Rather than a full service restaurant, this one is more fast food style. I don't have the address, but it's just off the Western exit of the 405 North, make a right at the exit, and it's on your left side about 1/16 mile in.

DZ

Sabu and I go to King's every Saturday after we finish garage sale-ing. I definitely agree with Weird Unc - they have THE most incredible french toast! (and that coconut syrup goes with it perfectly.) They do have a full breakfast menu (I'd suggest the Big Island Breakfast), but they stop serving it at 2:00 pm. Don't be intimidated by the crowd outside (and there's usually a crowd): when you go, you can avoid a long wait by taking seats at the counter or sitting around the aquarium...

ps-- Cyn: - you're on for the tour! However, to get a good tour of the tiki's of the South Bay it might take more than one day, so we'd have to go to King's again on a second day!

On 2002-12-13 19:21, Doctor Z wrote:
Cyn: - you're on for the tour! However, to get a good tour of the tiki's of the South Bay it might take more than one day, so we'd have to go to King's again on a second day!

Have we set a date for this yet?

--cindy

Have you's ever gone to Bob's (Hawaiian) in Carson?

C

We hit King's Hawaiian a couple years ago the week after Oasis on our So. Cal Tiki Tour. & I had the French Toast - it was truly amazing!!!!! I look forward to having it again this year after Oasis. No tikis, per se, but a GREAT place!!

SS

I agree. This place is great. It's like a nice Hawaiian restaurant at Disneyland, without the entrance fees. The teriyaki beef plate is amazing.

Great Website

Some broken links though.

I work about 10 miles from Kings so im always in there breaking da mouth! Ono fo sho!

The Kings splinter cafe is called The Local Place and have great bakery and plate lunch. They are at 18605 S. Western in Torrance. They are pretty fast and good food. Sometimes malasadas too.

So if and when there is a Tiki tour in Torrance, I could support that fo reals. I'm just starting. Close to home works good for me.

TS

It's been a few years since I have been there.
but man that Hawaiian bread French Toast,
and some Portuguese Sausage.
dat sho am good.
I mean it's da Kine Brahhdah

Jeff(btd)

Pages: 1 15 replies