Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

new tiki room art at disneyland

Pages: 1 9 replies

MA

Hey folks,Im new here [just got in today!] Besides diggin Tikis & 50s stuff[got a cool 52 chevy panel truck] I have a family art biz. One of our artist's is an old surf cat friend of mine. When we showed his work to the Disney folks they said "We gotta have him paint Tiki Room stuff for us"! Well,ok they were a bit more buisiness-like than that but you get the idea. Anyway he painted some of the Tiki Room Gods [yes,including RONGO!] & they look bitchin'! They will be out there soon. Just thought you all might like to know about this. Love this site & all the cool stuff! Catch you later.

[ Edited by: Mouse Art 2006-06-07 16:48 ]

MA

Hey guys, just an update on the Brian Sisson Tiki Room art. The 1st two originals should be in the park this week! Maybe more. There are six total in this set. They are "canvas wrap" w/ tribal designs all over the sides.WAY COOL! Prints will be available also. Rumor has it Brians new group "Agents of Voodoo" will be playing soon in da South Bay area of L.A. Check em out,they are some funny guys. Mahalo

Anywhere we can see some pics? (besides the park I mean)

Hey Spy Tiki [cool name!] They will be on disneygallery.com soon. Sorry they are not on yet, I just really wanted to give everyone here a heads up ahead of time. The originals of KORO & TANGAROA-RU will be arriving at the park tomorrow. They will be in the Disneyana shop on Main St. The artist Brian Sisson is well known by a lot of us old beach bums for his paintings of lifeguard towers,tiki's & other cool retro art. Hope this helps. layda brudda

MA

All 6 tiki's have arrived at Disneyland! Ok, this is an "updated update" [is that right?] Along w/ the two Tiki originals that I mentioned, the other four are also there. They took one look at them & said,"we gotta have em!" So Maui, Pele, Hina Kuluua & Rongo are there also!! They are WAAAY COOL!! Sisson hit a homerun with these! Anyway,there it is guys. With Shag art getting harder to get this is the guy to watch out for. Gonna go have a cold one, thanks guys!

MA

RONGO UPDATE.....Hey guys, we were asked where Sisson's Rongo was. I guess somebody didnt see him at Disneyland. If you don't see any of the six Tiki Room Tiki paintings out in Disneyana [thats the shop on Main St.] just ask for them. Its a small shop,so they might not have room to display all of them at once. Rongo is 2'x4' alone! They are on stretched canvas and are two inches thick. If anyone has any questions, just drop me line and I'll try my best to sound like I know what I'm talkin about!

MA

OK, Ive now been told "they" [thats the mouse people,wait,wasnt that a sci fi flic in the 60s?] have four of Sissons Tiki Room Tiki's on the display floor. .....THIS HAS BEEN AN OFFICIAL TIKI UPDATE.....now please continue with your drink!

MA

Hey guys, prints of all six Sisson Tiki Room Tiki's can now be ordered! They will be giclee limited prints on stretched canvas. Gonna have photos soon. Maybe I'll put up a post just for that so you all will know. M.O.

T

I saw these at the park yesterday and loved them. They were a little out of my current price range, but if I had the dough to spend they'd definitely be mine.

Do you know what the price will be on the giclee prints?

MA

Tiki-Kate

Glad you like the Enchanted Tikis. For now the Giclee prints can be special ordered through the Disneyana store. Size = 30" h x 15" w, retail price is only $395 (limited edtion is 63 for the year the Tiki Room opened!). You'll also be able to order by phone soon (DeliverEars service).

Until the official Disney page is live, here is a temp. page with pictures & info,
Disney Tiki Art

Hey Kate, I hope this helps. M.A.

Pages: 1 9 replies