Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Hey folks - do these mask look familiar??

Pages: 1 5 replies

DZ

Badmojo sent me the link to this auction. I never thought I'd see these again, but some of these masks may look familiar to some of you!! These are a bunch of plaster-cast masks I left behind in the garage when I moved from the Castaway Lounge last year. I originally made them as an art project for my 5th graders, but they were so much fun to paint, I used them for "Tiki Arts & Crafts" at my Summer Spectaculars over the years. Some of these reflect 5th grade talent, others (as you can see) were painted by TCers at one of my parties. I could never bring myself to charge anyone for them, but I'm curious to see if anyone bids on 'em now!

Here's the link

TB

Thats a great blast from the past Z, i recognize many of them. JohnnieV & Moki of course & Poly Pops clown one also. Interested to see how much they make as well.

TBird.

M
Moki posted on Fri, Jun 9, 2006 10:11 AM

This is cracking me up!!! I would have never expected to see any of these make it to E-bay. How high will it go??? Some one can own a piece of The Castaway Lounge's history. Wow!! :lol:
Hey, do you get a commission from the sale??

Ha! Awesome find. I recognize a few of them too -- so who's going to bid on these? This is a piece of TC history!

Doctor Z,

How could you leave such wonderful valuable pieces of art in your garage?

To think of all the blood, sweat, tears, and alcohol that went into each of these extraordinary masks.

They were left in your capable hands, to guard with your life. It was your sacred duty to protect these masks.

For shame, Doctor Z, for shame.....

DZ

Hey - somebody placed a bid on 'em! Anyone we know??

Pages: 1 5 replies