Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Seattle, weekend of June 23-25 - anything going on?

Pages: 1 14 replies

T

Hey there

I have a gig in the Seattle/Tacoma area on June 23, and I am thinking of hanging out for a few days afterwards.

Putting out some feelers to see if anyone will be around...

The plan at the moment is to fly in the morning of the 23rd, do the show, and fly out the morning of the 24th.

In and out, quick.

But I figure, maybe I'll hang until Monday or Tuesday if some of my Seattle pals will be around.

I have to tell the tour manager my flight dates TODAY.

Any thoughts?

Email me directly: [email protected]

Aloha

J

I'll be staying at the Dogbytes' residence Sunday night, as we'll have just returned home from the NW Tiki-Kon down in Portland. I'm sure I'd be up for something, Trader Vic's, The Outrigger, Luau, etc. I'm going to attempt to avoid the dreaded hangover :wink:

M

You could always drive down to Portland (a mere 3 hour tour) for the Saturday Night of TIKI-KON:

http://www.nwtiki.com

It's going to be fun fun fun!

H

With a lead foot, it's 2.5 hrs. :wink:

I second the motion -- come down to Portland for the crawl. It's just too perfect for you to be so nearby on that weekend -- fate demands it!

Tiki-KON! Tiki-KON!

D

we're headed to Portland on Friday .. but we'll be back on Sunday night.. so.. if you DO decide to go to Portland's Crawl (you know you want to, plus i have an extra ticket), we can find stuff to do Monday & Tuesday here in Seattle..

T

This timing is indeed fortuitous - anyone headed down to Portland on Saturday that I can hitch a ride with?

I'll be leaving Friday but if you can't find a ride elsewhere, another option is the train.

P.S. When Humu says it's 2.5 hours with a lead foot, this is highly dependent on when you leave and from which point in Seattle. I've made it in 2 hours, but just last Friday afternoon I left downtown Seattle for Portland, driving absolutely as fast as the traffic allowed, and barely reached Olympia in 2.5 hours. This is not only because of the thick traffic but because pacific northwest drivers are completely oblivious to the idea that the left lane is the passing lane. (It must be something in the geoducks.)

P.P.S. If you're ever fortunate enough to hitch a ride with the family Dogbytes, which I was lucky enough to do a couple times last year, you not only get a convenient ride with fun people, but the bonus of a very amusing three-way conversation between Ms. Dogbytes, Mr. Dogbytes, and the GPS system.

[ Edited by: monkeyskull 2006-06-10 11:28 ]

Yeah, the trip to Portland on a Friday afternoon is definitely not 2.5 hours -- things get real nasty right around Tacoma. But if you're driving down Saturday, you'll likely have better luck, as long as there are no accidents.

D

hey there! havent heard back from MM yet, but looks like Selector/Puamana can take Tikiwahine and Monkeyman on Friday... and i'll be your driver round-trip to Portland (taking TW back with us, i have room for 3 in the car)

wow, this is turning out to be really great!

James, what are your dinner plans for Friday? i think there are a few TC'ers not going to NW Crawl, we can gather them together for drinks or something!

T

I've been communicating with Dogbytes over email, and it looks good for me to show up in Portland.

Cool!

I tihnk I'll also be popping me head into TVic's Bellevue on the following Monday before heading back to Chicago on Tuesday.

I love it when a plan comes together...

T

I am definitely going to Trader Vic's on Monday the 26th.

If anyone isn't too mai-tired from the weekedn, please join me.

Time TBA...

D

On 2006-06-12 18:17, tikibars wrote:
I love it when a plan comes together...

here's the Dogbytes' plan so far..

saturday: pick up Tikibars at SEA Airport 9:30 am.. drive to Portland
check into Travelodge near the Jupiter... will be a designated driver (can take 2 others)
meet up at the Alibi and join Kon Festivities.
sunday: Kontinue Kon Festivities
Drive back to Seattle with Tikibars and Tikiwahine
Monday: Lunch at Trader Vics' Bellevue
Take Tikiwahine to the Clipper Ferry Dock by 3:30
Touring Seattle/Dinner/Drinks: open
Tues: Take Tikibars to airport (TBD)

my cellphone is 206-321-4096.. it usually goes to voice mail because i can never find the phone in 4 rings.

T

This weekend was a blast.

Couldn't have done it without the above-and-seyond the call of duty assists from Dogbytes and Exoticat.

Thanks again!

And of course, big props to everyone involved with the Tiki-Kon.

Excellent event.

T

I'm so glad you attended and had a good time! I couldn't tell if you were enjoying the event, you're a little more low-key than most of the drunks, uh, tiki enthusiasts. I was worried (I worry about people having fun).

Pages: 1 14 replies