Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

I made a Pufferfish Lamp (ATTN Tiki Riviera!)

Pages: 1 10 replies

So I had to sacrifice a little blood for this project (no one said that handling spikey things was easy) but it was worth it.

He's huge! About the size of a basketball:

Just kidding. There's that thing called "perspective" that sometimes comes into play in life. He's actually about the size of a misshapen softball:

Thanks to Tiki Riviera for the "you can do it" pep talk at Dogbytes. :wink:

Beautiful work, Exoticat! It has a kind of eerie coolness to it.

http://www.samgambino.com

Nice job on that puffer - it has a really nice uniform glow to it. thanks for sharing!

Thanks! We can keep inspiring each other. :)

Great lamp and beautiful work. Working with puffers can be somewhat painful at times. hahaha. Great work though.

Where ya been? We miss you at the tunnel. Nice work on the lamp.

Excellent!!! That puffy is lookin' sweet. Those little scamps can be difficult to handle, you did a great job!

Chongolio

That puffer lamp looks cool. Hey I am really impressed with the beautiful view you have from your balcony too!!! Thanks for sharing.

E

Hey, Rodeo...I'm going to head to the Tunnel soon with a candle and check the progress on that thing. Do you have any miniature assless chaps lying around? I need some really tiny ones. I've been busy with real world stuff, but recently completely reformatted my computer to the latest version of Tiger and everything else so I can finally do everything now without limations.

Including...watching Podcasts and making movies!!

Chongolio: I am finally--right now-- downloading all your episodes of Coconut Wired and can't wait to watch them all. Yours is the first-ever Podcast I've ever subscribed to...it's cool that you've incorporated TC artists (Gambino, Polynesiac etc.) and musicians into it!

I also need to watch the latest episodes of Tiki Bar TV (only about 6 episodes or so behind...ha ha).

Really nice work. Inspiring indeed! I wanna make one too now.
Did you use a red bulb inside or is that the natural coloring? Clear or frosted bulb, preference?

Puffer is so funny with his little googly eye balls. :D
Rock on!

E

hello i dream of tiki... :)

It's actually an orange flicker flame bulb (if you look at the torch on the right in the photo, it's like that--but the smaller version). So he actually glows a bit orange from his tummy with some slight movement. Maybe his stomach moves because he ate some toxic glowing sushi and it's still alive in there? One can only speculate, but I recommend staying away from bad sushi nonetheless.

I was going to color him blue-green but that bulb was too fat (it was a christmas bulb) for the hole I drilled and I was sick of drilling (puffers have thick skin!) so went with a more slim line version. The low wattage night light bulbs are slimmer in design too than the rounded Christmas lights...just a little bit of trivia when you're out bulb shopping.

Pages: 1 10 replies