Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

SoocerTiki Says....USA World Cup Game @ 6:55am pst Thursday 6/22

Pages: 1 10 replies

The USA plays the Chech Republic in the first round of the World Cup qualifiers today! On ESPN2 at 8:55am Pacific Coast time!

WoooooHoooooooooOOOOOOOOO! Go U-S-A!!!!!!

AND.....Good job Autralia coming back in the last 10 minutes to score 3 goals against Japan to win 3-1....Whatta comeback!!!!!

Topic modified to support the BIG GAME 6/22**************

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2006-06-21 06:50 ]

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2006-06-21 15:39 ]

J
JTD posted on Mon, Jun 12, 2006 4:49 PM

SoccerTiki,
Looks like the team missed your post. They didn't show up. Need two great outings now. I hope they pull it out, but it'll be tough.

JTD

Well, after a "no-show" in game one against the Czech Republic and a valiant effort against Italy (with only 9 players the second half,) it looks like it's judgement day for the USA Thursday!!!

For those following....This is what needs to happen for USA to advance: Italy beat Czech Republic AND USA beat Ghana, or....Czech beat Italy by 3 goals and USA beat Ghana by at least 3 goals. The USA has a -3 goal differential right now and Italy has a +2, so if the USA ties with Italy in the win/loss points, then the goal differential becomes crucial.

My guess is that Italy WILL BEAT Czech and USA WILL BEAT Ghana......Then on to the "knock-out round" of 16!

7am tomorrow (west coast time) is the BIG GAME!!!!! I'll be at a local sports bar & grill in Long Beach watching the USA win!!!!! If anyone's interested in going, PM me today.

On 2006-06-21 06:48, SoccerTiki wrote:
7am tomorrow (west coast time) is the BIG GAME!!!!! I'll be at a local sports bar & grill in Long Beach watching the USA win!!!!! If anyone's interested in going, PM me today.

NO FAIR!! Some people HAVE TO WORK :(

Goooooooooooooooooaaaaaaalllllllllll!

Have fun Soccer!

On 2006-06-21 07:32, WooHooWahine wrote:

NO FAIR!! Some people HAVE TO WORK :(

And some people MUST WATCH/PLAY SOCCER!!!!!!

DZ

I'm done drving out to Long Beach in the morning until my summer vacation is over (sorry, ST!), but if'n anyone in my neck of the woods is up and about, I'll be at Hennessey's in the Village for the game! (While I've still been UP and drinkin' at 7:00 am, it'll be the first time in a while that I've started at that hour!) :wink:

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLL!!

Well Crap! I guess this loss'll get the Cubs fans interested in soccer, huh? They're used to their team being elimated from post season play before the end of June...

I keed, I keed!

Just wait 'til 2010! :D

FIRE COACH ARENA!!!!!! The team today showed no direction and had no plan of attack other than sending the ball up the middle!!!! Ghana was faster and more physical, we should have made adjustments at half time, but NO active COACHING from Bruce Arena!!!!

I'm disgusted with their lack of performance!!! Oh well.....I'll just continue to live out my dreams on the field! (As soon as my shoulder heals!)

GO AUSTRALIA & ENGLAND!!!!!

And there is no joy in Mudville........

Guess there's nothing to now but drown our sorrows in a bucket of Mai-Tai's. (Trust me, I'm in pre-med)

8T

Well, first the US and now Mexico. That takes care of our family's ethnic pride. So I guess we'll pull for England because most of my team mates are from there. Bloody shame it is!

Pages: 1 10 replies