Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Give your Tiki some "eyes"

Pages: 1 8 replies

Ok, I did my usual ebay search for "Eames", and like Sabu, I'm amazed at TOTAL MISUSE of the word, but thought to myself "Hmmm....would seeing these eyes on a Tiki really freak people out?"...Maybe? Other than the misuse of "Eames", I noticed (and laughed) that this seller paid extra to have the symbol on the page, which according to ebay: "This means that the seller wants you to know that this item would make a great gift!".

Take a look:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=930226259

Oh Santa, please send me this eye-popping gift!

SugarCaddyDaddy

[ Edited by: sugarcaddydaddy on 2002-12-13 20:41 ]

[ Edited by: sugarcaddydaddy on 2002-12-13 20:43 ]

J

:lol:

What the hell?!?!?! Eames era eyeballs??? I find the missuse of this term completely repulsive and this one takes the cake!!!

:lol:

:drink:

My favorite was the Eames Era Ukranian vase...

T

That's it! I am definitely on the hunt to find the BEST MISUSE of the term EAMES ERA!!!
I'll be back in a moment, after I stop laughing so hard I wet myself...

T

TikiFish,
You mean you didn't know that Charles & Ray Eames designed purses, Corona Beer Trays, Illuminated Jesus pictures, Band-aid tins....and glass eyeballs!.....HAHA!

I think you need to add a "Misused Eames" category on your website!

SugarCaddyDaddy

I like the eyeballs! THey are cool, I am bidding on them.

if you get those eyes , you had better get a box to put them in...or they will constantly stare at you....i've seen it before....it doesn't look pretty .....ok. i'm done.

D

These would be the perfect gift for the 5 eyed martian who has everything, otherwise why would you need 5 of them?

Pages: 1 8 replies