Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Does anybody live in Volusia county, FL?

Pages: 1 9 replies

If you do please let me know because I have a few questions I'd like to ask you about the area. :) Mahalo,

Finkdaddy

G
GMAN posted on Sun, Jun 18, 2006 11:42 AM

Fink,

I lived there for 6 years. I have lots of friends still there.... Whattcha got goin' on?

-Gman

I'm in Orange county, sorry. Seminole county starts where my backyard ends. But if I can help with anything, lemme know.

L
Loki posted on Mon, Jun 19, 2006 10:16 AM

My parents live in Ormond Beach and I visit all the time. I know Volusia well. Any questions fire away.

I'm not from Volusia county...but my cycle is a Suzuki Volusia. Does that count?

I'm asking about Volusia county because next summer (June '07), we are thinking of moving to Florida and my wife has her heart set on Deland. I guess we're wondering about the job market in that area. I've been in the screen printing business my whole life and my wife currently has a job in human resources with a staffing agency. She also does in-home day care, so that is a possibility too. I don't have a real concept of what commuting would be like. Is Daytona or Orlando very far from the area?

Any advice, tips, or warnings would be most helpful.

Also, how do you pronounce Deland? Silly question, I know.

Thanks in advance!

Gman, I'll give you a call later tonight. Thanks. :)

G
GMAN posted on Tue, Jun 20, 2006 3:08 PM

Dah-land..... :) That's proper.

-Gman

K
Kono posted on Tue, Jun 20, 2006 3:57 PM

Deland is a beautiful small town built around Stetson University. On a Sunday you might get to Orlando in 50 minutes(?) but probably at least an hour and a half during the daily commute. Daytona you can probably get to in a half hour to forty minutes. Its a quaint little southern town built around a small private college so you can probably figure out what the general atmosphere is like. Why did your wife fall for so hard for Deland?

I was over there last week checking out the antique mall downtown. I picked up a tiki s&p and the lady asked me if I was the guy that called the other day wanting to know if they had tiki mugs. Nope, not me. Now I'm wondering if that was you checking out the tiki resources! :wink:

K
Kono posted on Tue, Jun 20, 2006 4:01 PM

I was pretty sure I remembered there being a TC member from Deland, and there is:

Tiki-Troll from D-LAND

G

On 2006-06-20 14:52, finkdaddy wrote:
I don't have a real concept of what commuting would be like.

Hell, pure hell. But hey, come on down!

Pages: 1 9 replies