Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Pixar Cars....

Pages: 1 8 replies

......Classic.

Loved the "Hill Ornaments." Did ya'll notice?

Wow.

1 movie and the cat has everones tounge.

intersting..........

I thought it was a cool flick!!!

P

Haven't seen it yet but was at Pixar when they were in production.

Looked like a pretty good idea. Hope it's not as "cutesie" as the trailers look.

I trust your judgement though.

I don't know why, it seems a bit dangerous to trust you - but I do.

T

i thought it was great! me & my 2 brother-in-laws took out 10 year old neice to see it. after the movie, she told us "ya'll were laughing more than me!!" yeah ben, we noticed the hill ornaments. my wife wants to see it now after hearing us talk about it, so i will see if i notice anything else after watching it again. it's definitelt a movie that'll keep the kids and parents entertained.

T

Excellent look to the film, as with all of Pixar's work. I especially liked the nostalgic feel of everything-- lots of cool googie architecture abounds! I wish there was a tiki bar. It would have fit right in with the rest of the mid-century feel to Radiator Springs.

H
hewey posted on Wed, Jun 28, 2006 8:34 PM

Haven't seen it yet, but want to. My girlfriend is sick of hearing about it...

Appartently the sequence of lights flashing on the diner is the firing order of a flathead V8... :)

P

if you want to find out a lot more about the film, I found a really cool feature from an Irish website about Cars. it has everything, trivia, screen shots, an interview with the director and more. Check it out:

http://www.frankthemonkey.com/features_full.php?id=14

I

I just saw this movie last weekend. I was initially hesitant to see it, because I didn't want to see an animated film that focused on non-stop NASCAR racing, but was pleasantly surprised to see that the main theme of the film was the Route 66 / anti-interstate angle.

My favorite part of the film was the Cozy Cone Motel, definitley inspired by the teepees of the Wigwam Village Motels.

There was a short view of a 'Welcome to Emeryville' sign, with numerous Rotary/cici organization signs attached to its side - which made me want to hit a non-existant theatre pause button to see if any of those civic signs mentioned Trader Vics.

Vern

H
hewey posted on Thu, Jul 27, 2006 8:41 PM

I didnt like the song/nostalgic montage in the middle - just went way too far into cutesy town - samcked of candy coated Disney... ergh :(

Otherwise its an awesome flick! Some of the scenes maybe even looked too realistic for a 'cartoon' - testamount to Pixar skills.

Overall I liked it :)

Pages: 1 8 replies