Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

PufferFish

Pages: 1 18 replies

This was a trade with Onatiki and Moki.

I was inspired by the artwork Swampfire had created for their home bar and wanted to incorporate my carving into it.

Here is the original logo

Here is my contribution
Made from solid mahogany with a dark walnut stain and 4 coats of satin laquer. Hand buffed for the final look.
He is about 20-22 inches long and 14-16 inches tall

[ Edited by: monkeyman 2006-06-18 19:39 ]

sweet as alwyas!!!

O

We love the puffer!!! Derek did an amazing job. He really brought Swampfire's design to life.

Here he is in his new home. He is the first thing you see when you come in the door.

K
kirby posted on Sun, Jun 18, 2006 8:30 PM

off the hook.. I absolutly love it...

And the con-ge-ga-shun say "Aaaaaye-mennnnn"...

That's really looking sharp!
:wink:

Nice one, you continue to astound.

Very cool fish! Excellent work.

Nice.

Love the finish and the color!

great job, MM. I love your carving style. I'm looking forward to seeing it in person!

I have a thing for the puffer fishies! He is just too much, MM. Really, really nice.

Me loves puffers, too! Excellent job there MM!! You captured his personality perfectly!!

• Myke

Very nice!

H

I am soooo loving it!

excellent work Monkeyman...but that's no surprise after observing your frames 'n' such.
i really should go to bed but I can't stop looking at it....very cool.

H

Thats awesome man! really captured the puffer well.

B

MonkeyMan, carve a hundred of those puffers and make molds, That is HOT HOT HOT. I really Love it!

K

Hmmmm. There's something about it I just don't like. THE FACT THAT I DON'T HAVE IT! HA! AWESOME STUFF MR. MONKEY!

On 2006-06-20 04:00, Benzart wrote:
MonkeyMan, carve a hundred of those puffers and make molds, That is HOT HOT HOT. I really Love it!

yeah, i have an onatiki shirt and now i need an onatiki puffer to match! great work as always, mm!

H
hewey posted on Wed, Jun 21, 2006 8:32 PM

On 2006-06-20 04:00, Benzart wrote:

Does he need to carve hundreds if he molds em? :)

I came back for another look I like that so much. I would like to get more side on pic to get an idea of the depth of it :)

Pages: 1 18 replies