Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Be Jackson Pollock

Pages: 1 13 replies

S

http://www.jacksonpollock.org/

[ Edited by: saxotica 2006-06-23 06:47 ]

Wow! Thanks! I happen to like Pollock very much!

E

That was fun...however, mine turned out quite disturbing on many levels, but i signed it anyways:

Here's a snippet of the original colors:

I wonder if drinking while cyber Pollock painting would help?

On 2006-06-23 17:07, Exoticat wrote:
I wonder if drinking while cyber Pollock painting would help?

Jackson Pollock didn't paint while drunk. His best (and best-known) work was done during the years when he was sober.

--cyn (art history major)

My father-in-law sent me this site today! Quite cool.

E

Have you seen the movie on him? If you have, then you come away with the sense that alcohol and Jackson Pollock go hand in hand. Not that the movie was accurate, but still...

exoticat
(fine arts minor so knows less :) )

On 2006-06-23 21:32, Exoticat wrote:
Have you seen the movie on him? If you have, then you come away with the sense that alcohol and Jackson Pollock go hand in hand.

I'm not going to argue with you on that -- Pollock was a raging alcoholic. However, there were some periods in his life when he did NOT drink, and that was when he did his best-known work. That was never really explained in the movie, but it was in the book on which the film was based ("Jackson Pollock: An American Saga" by Naifeh and Smith).

The web site discussed in this thread is a great approximation of how Pollock did his drip paintings!

Thanks for posting this, Mike.

It made my Saturday morning a little more fun.

B

Still working on mine...

Abstract painting is abstract. It confronts you. There was a reviewer a while back who wrote that my pictures didn't have any beginning or any end. He didn't mean it as a compliment, but it was.

• Jackson Pollock
T

I love Pollock too. Where did all the color come from, so far I got only black

T

nevermind, I was right clicking

M

Wow... that thing works great!!! Here's my attempt.

Very nice, Mach!

I've submitted your piece to the Stedelijk Museum of Modern Art in Amsterdam under the pseudonym of "Machson Haddock". They want to know if you can have eleven more paintings ready by November for the Winter Show. I told them you'd think about it.

Sabu

M

Thanks!!! I did this one for you:

Pages: 1 13 replies