Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Spermy's Carvings...

Pages: 1 25 replies

Yo! Spermy???!!!!

Post pics of your carvings here!!

Party! Party!!!

Damn! arrrrr!!

B

Yeah Spermy, hang'um up for us to gander!!

Cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste Funny!

[ Edited by: Benzart 2006-06-25 05:46 ]

What's up Spermy? Post those pics!

H

Yea, Spermy-post the pics!

I have no idea what they are talking about but would like to see nonetheless.

G
GMAN posted on Sun, Jun 25, 2006 2:37 PM

Yeah,.....

Spermy???

Are you busy using your towell off the mug shelf???

If so, take your time....Enjoy cause that's the last free thing in this world!! ( plus, love is beautiful!!:)

Rock on !!!!

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2006-06-25 20:31 ]

H
hewey posted on Sun, Jun 25, 2006 8:41 PM

eeeeeeeeeeooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

(Sperm whale-ese for "post those pics mate!"

P

Aloha Everybody-
I am stoked that you guys really want to see my stuff. Except I am not ready to post anything just yet. I did have a little carving get together here at "Spermy's Blowhole" last Saturday with some of the best of the best So. Cal carvers(Aarons Akua, Kirby, Polynesiac,Tiki Diablo, Davez_tikiz ,and Poly Pop) but it was more of a lesson for me. I am just a total beginner. I am still trying to figure out what kind of tools to get and how to use them. Although Kirby and Polynesiac left me with unfinished projects for me to add my touch to. Aarons Akua left me with a sweet mallot (wood is good) I also have a Marqesian mask I have started and some other guests added a little to it. So I am sorry if Bamboo Ben left anybody "high and dry" but I think he is just jelious that he had to work at the shop that day. Anyway here is som pic's of the projects/ awesome momentos that Polynesiac and Kirby left for me.

First up is a Marqesian style mask that I actually started (@ Polynesiacs carving class) and some of my guests added to. and I'll be glad to take some of the credit for.

Next up is what Polynesiac did in just 3 or 4 hours I cant belive what he can do and how informative he is!!! Polynesiac Rocks and his Tiki's kick some major ass. I think I am going to try to work on this guy a bit and see what I can add on to him.

Last but not least is what Kirby did to a palm stump I had lying in the garage. Kirby totally amazes me how creative he is. It was wierd to see a stump turn into a cool ass sperm whale.

Here is the other half Kirby left for me to finish.

I cant belive how cool it was to hang with everybody and how willing they were to help out a dude like me to get started!! I really need a big kick in the ass cause I want to get out there and make TIKI's thanks everybody for all of the encouragement!!!

[ Edited by: The Sperm Whale 2006-06-27 21:33 ]

Very Cool stuff so far. I am jealous that you have so many talented carvers close by to give you advice and to hang with. Wish I was closer. Your on the right track man, now full steam ahead.

hey...sounds like "Coontiki West." Looks like some fun stuff came out of the get together.
I like the mask and whale...and of course...Polynesiac's stuff is always very cool. Keep
chizzlin'.

K

I had a great time hangin with a great bunch of dudes, sum awsome carving was goin on for sure.. I accualy picked up sum nice tips to boot... now git busy and finish up that whale.. and we wanna see those other logs turn into some spermified tikis...thanks a mil spermy .. see ya next time....

thanks for the invite. Sorry I couldnt make it.

Great start on some nice carving. Keep it up!!!

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2006-06-27 09:39 ]

Come to think of it...that tiki kinda looks like a cross between Bert and Korla Pundit (sp?)

Good times, good times...

H
hewey posted on Tue, Jun 27, 2006 7:45 PM

Get into it Spermy!

Cant imagine its easy with those little flippers though...

Spermy,
Thanks again for inviting me to just sit and hang, and watch, and get hammered on Laura's great drinks, and the great grub too.
Always a blast at the Blow hole, ha ha!!!!

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Yes, Whalerider makes a potent mai tai. Mallet before the hammer I always say. Then I get hammered anyway. Thanks Spermy & Laura! I couldn't think of a nicer way to spend a Saturday afternoon, carving with the SoCal boys and hanging with the local TC crew.

I know I'm a little late with the pics but I just got them loaded in Shutterfly.

Aaron working a mask:

Kirby shaping the Sperm Whale:

Who's your daddy? Polynesiac sticks it to him:

Spermy picking up some pointers:

Thanks to Spermy and Whale Rider for hosting the gig. It was a fun time!

B

Definitely looks like some fun was goin on there!

Bump ....still waiting for carving pics Spermy

looks like a fun little get together. good job there looking good

B

Yeah, I think we're ready for those pic's Spermy, Where's the carvings, you were off to a great start!?

spermy's carving....carving spermy's

OK you guys are breakin my ballz!!! Just kidding!!! I have alot of excuses right now so I think you know what I am going to say!! Anyway unfortunatly for me I have been extremely busy wich really sucks because it is summer time!!! I promise to try to get something done in the near future!! Anyway I really do appreciate you asking because maybe I should be carving right now instead of TCing right now. I really do need to make time for carving and art!!!
Mahalo Everybody!!!!

H

pressure, pressure, pressure.....

B

I'll be waiting......and Waiting...

Pages: 1 25 replies