Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Chef Shangri-La Celebrating 30 years August 5th and 6th--featuring the Haole Kats!

Pages: 1 21 replies

Hi All,
One of Chicagoland's Tiki treasures is having a Party.
Chef Shangri-La is planning a 30 Year Anniversary Celebration to be held on Saturday and Sunday August 5th & 6th. There will be entertainment(details to come soon),specials and prizes throughout the weekend. Watch this thread for further info.
Mahalo,
D&C

For reservations call 708-442-7080

BaMbOoLoDgE...where the South Pacific meets the Great White North!

\

[ Edited by: bamboolodge 2006-06-27 09:48 ]

cool, I'll also let my fellow Red Palms Chapter of the FOM know, as the Chef is where we have been having our meetings.
Hooray for Paul and Sue! Two very fine people!

Aloha All,
We are happy to announce that the one and only Haole Kats will be bringing their smooth "Lei'd Back" sounds back to Chef Shangri-La both Saturday and Sunday for the big Anniversary Bash. These boys were a big hit on the final day of last years Exotica, and now they are coming back to play for the Chef's 30th Anniversary Party Weekend. We will post time of shows, and other news, as soon as we have details.
D&C

HK

A quick bit of shameless self-promotion...

We'll also have our brand new CD, "Kilawaimea", an all Surf extravaganza. I'm sure we'll doing doing some tunes from the CD in addition to our Swing & Hapa Haole.

This promises to be a fun trip. I can't wait!

Josh
http://www.whollycatsband.com

[ Edited by: Haole Kat 2006-07-07 21:58 ]

Stoked you guys are coming up this way... we'll gladly drive 90 miles south to see you perform! And we'll see you again in Fort Lauderdale!

Really looking forward to hearing the surf tunes! See you in August!

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer 2006-06-28 20:14 ]

Here is a little update....
The Haole Kats are scheduled to perform two sets both Saturday and Sunday. Saturday the times will be 6pm & 8pm, Sunday will be 4pm & 7pm.
Susan has told us that, hopefully, Paul is going to make an appearance sometime over the weekend as well. For those who don't know, he had some major surgery sometime back and it has been a long road to recovery, Susan has had her hands full running back and forth between work and keeping and eye on Paul too. She is very much looking forward to this 30th anniversary and says she is ready to try for 30 more!
TTFN

T

Yay, just found out that Savage Patty and I will be able to make it to the party. WE'll drag Lucy Diamond Tiki from Mo. with us. Can't wait to get the Kats new stuff and meet some of you more local TC'ers.

HK

A quick heads-up for any folks in the area or folks who are heading to Chicago that weekend...We'll also be performing at The Sandbar on Friday night.

Hope some of ya'll can make it out.

Josh

Yep, we're at The Sandbar that Friday night the 4th from 9-12. Here are a couple website links, in case you're not familiar with it. It not very far from Chef Shangri-la, either!

http://www.restaurant.com/microsite.asp?rid=319949&nv=1&nsa=1

http://www.myspace.com/sandbargrill

Can't wait to see you all. Oh yeah, Pablus said he might just have to get up there for it, too. Don't want to promise anything, but it would sure be great if he could make it, and then we'd get to play a few Crazed Mugs tunes with him.

Aloha...

Ok, we are a week away, now here is a little update......
When you order your first cocktail on Saturday and/or Sunday, it will be served in a commemorative 30 year anniversary screenprinted rock glass which is yours to take home.
Susan has asked us to let everyone know that reservations are filling up fast, so please call to reserve your table ASAP. That number again is 708-442-7080, call today, don't delay!
See Ya'll Next Weekend,
D&C

cant wait , see you all there, ill be the guy with the adrift hat and black cat tattoo on arm

There is a nice 2 page spread in this past Sunday's Suburban Life newspaper.....
http://www.libertysuburban.com/story.php?sid=58198&pub=
See Ya'll this coming weekend!

Hey Gang,

Just a reminder, make your reservations soon! We went by and dropped off the
Commemorative glasses yesterday and talked with Suzy. She said the reservations are filling up fast.

The glasses turned out wonderful, and Susan has told us that you will be served your first cocktail or non-alcohol drink in one of these, and it's yours to take home! She has a total of 500 glasses, 250 for Saturday, & 250 for Sunday. Hope everyone can make it out, as it is shaping up to be fabulishous time!

See Ya There,
The Vastas

BaMbOoLoDgE...where the South Pacific meets the Great White North!

[ Edited by: BambooLodge 2006-08-02 10:45 ]

BUMP!

T

Riverside here we come!

F

I'll be there for the first show with my daughter. See ya there!

F

We had so much fun! Awesome-mega-thanks to the Haole Kats who played a great show and made us feel special. If you guys are up for it, stop over on Tuesday before your show and I'll serve you some Wisconsin brats and Mai Tais in the Leeward Lounge. Or if you'd rather come over on Wednesday, that would be cool too. Then maybe we could jam for a while. Mahalo!

My daughter, Josephine, outside of the Chef Shangri-La.

Her first Planter's Punch.

The Haole Kats!

..ya know, sometimes i forget how good the mai tais are at the chef.....we had an awesome time.....the band was great...really good original surf sounds and covers...i reccomend the haole cats c.d........thanks to the vastas for organizing it.....i need to spend more time at the chef..it's actually not that far out of the city.....good crowd last night...dig the souvenier anniversary glass too!!! whoooo-hooooo!!!

We had an awesome time at Chef Shangri-La. Great food, drinks, atmosphere, and even better music. Big Thanks to Joe, Josh and TJ! After the Chef, we went on over to the Sandbar and got to see another great impromptu performance.

On behalf of Susan, Paul, and the entire staff, we would like to thank everyone who came out to celebrate this past weekend. They had a record crowd on Saturday, and the place was filled up on Sunday as well. It was great hanging with the Haole Kats, you guys rock! Also guys, thanks for making the long haul up here, you're the best.
Hey, Anyone else got photos? We only took a few and they didn't come out that good.
TTFN,
D&C

I have been lurking here for a while, but this is my first post.

Just got back home from the road trip I was on, which included a stop at the party on Sunday night.

I have never been to Chef Shangrila before, but it was amazing, and I will go back next time I am in Illinois.

The food and drinks were good, and the Haole Kats were just as good as I had been told they were. Very nice guys too.

It was nice to meet some of the TC-ers and FOM members there.

The funniest part of the night was when this guy left his camera and cellphone in the bathroom (I was in there too). Right after he walked out, the phone rang. He came back in, answered the phone with: "can't talk, just dropped off a mai tai, and now I have to get another one", and then walked back (into the bar I guess).

Well, maybe you had to be there.

Anyway, hope to meet some more of you at other events.

T

On 2006-08-15 15:24, MisterMagoo wrote:
The funniest part of the night was when this guy left his camera and cellphone in the bathroom (I was in there too). Right after he walked out, the phone rang. He came back in, answered the phone with: "can't talk, just dropped off a mai tai, and now I have to get another one", and then walked back (into the bar I guess).

Glad I could amuse you, Magoo.

I almost plowed into a bunch of people coming out of the bar when I dashed into - and then out of - and then back into there.

Like I always say about drinks: you don't buy them, you rent them.

Next time you're in town, say hi.

Pages: 1 21 replies