Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

tiki mug in the movie

Pages: 1 5 replies

M

Just in case someone's interested: the horror movie "Troll" (1986) has a scene where the little girl picks up a tiki mug in the swinger's apartment and looks at it. That's the first movie I've personally seen that had a tiki mug in it. (Terrible movie, though!)

A couple other of my recent movie finds:

"Don't Make Waves" (1967) has some tikis on the wall in the background, and "FernGully: The Last Rainforest" (1992) has a brief illustration of a tiki during the opening credits. As I mentioned once before, anybody can flag such movies for the public by adding the plot keyword "tiki" to IMDb (www.imdb.com) after registering with IMDb, which I've been doing.

Tons of tiki in the John Wayne classic "Donovan's Reef".

Season 3 of Superman the animated series features a large moai type statue in the episode "Knight Time." In it Bane throws the statue at Superman who is disguised as Batman. I had just seen this the other day.

In the movie Ferris Bueller's Day off, there is a great scene where he is in an lounge chair sipping an elaboratly garnished drink from a tiki mug.

It has been brought up on the site before by experts who know exactly which mug he was using.

HL

The Haunted Mansion movie has Eddie Murphy (eek!) visiting with clients at a tiki bar.

One of the mugs was definitely a Munktiki Frankenskull -- I'll have to rent the DVD some time to see what the other two were.

"tikis in films" thread. add over there too!

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=302&forum=1

Pages: 1 5 replies