Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Hello to all!

Pages: 1 2 replies

I'd like to officially say hello to everybody on this board! I've been lurking for quite some time and I'm very happy to have found this place! I've been a huge fan all all things tiki for as long as I can remember. My wife and I bought our first house last year so I haven't had a space to start building any type of collection until then. After adjusting to paying the mortage payments :wink: I've started to slowly tikify (is that a word?) our home. I thought I'd share a few photos of the progress so far. I've seen many pictures of some homes here that are amazing. I hope to eventually create my own little island paradise in my house.

Except for the pool, our backyard was a barren desert wasteland when we bought the house. Over the last few weeks I've planted over 3 dozen palm trees and other plants. You can see my Target tikis in this photo. I wish I had the means to obtain some of the awesome carvings I've seen here, but for now the Target tikis are OK with me. I'm going to be building a water fall in the center between all of the palms, but not until winter...its just too hot here now!

I just completed this work in our dining area. Just some simple cabana matting and some new molding, but I think it looks pretty cool.

I found this cool wall hanging at a local flea market. I know its not really tiki but I thought it looked pretty nice.

Other than my Target tikis, this is my only other one. I just found it at a local store and I don't know anything about it. Its about 5 feet tall.

Thanks for looking and thanks to everybody here for sharing so many wonderful things!

Brett
ArizonaTiki

TH

Welcome, I'm new here also...so far your place is looking just great....as you add different items, post up the photos for all to enjoy and get ideas. Once again Welcome....

Aloha!

I'm another Arizona member, hailing in from Tucson. You need to come down here and enjoy the Kon Tiki as soon as you get a chance :)

You've done a lot more than I have to tiki-fy your house. All I've got at the moment is my cubicle at work covered in my mug collection.

Chris

Pages: 1 2 replies