Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Attn Texas Ohana, I need Dr. Pepper help!

Pages: 1 5 replies

We've got an argument going on on another board I post on, we're arguing about Dr. Pepper's ingredients. Supposedly there's a list of the flavors on the wall of the Dublin, Tx, Dr. Pepper Bottling Plant of some of the 23 ingredients, could someone who lives near there please stop in, write the listed flavors down and post them here?

The story is that Dr. Pepper is a mix of several of the popular flavors available at Soda Fountains at the time it was invented, which suggests some of the same ingredients as Sasparilla/Root Beer mixed with Fruit essences or Phosphates, but that's the best I've got.

If you are asking if it has prune juice, the answer is a stiff no.

http://www.snopes.com/business/secret/drpepper.asp

K

Well now that explains why my infamous "Healthy Dr. Pepper Alternative" experiment turned out to be such a disaster. Concentrated prune juice mixed with carbonated water. Not even close. My dad called it, "Dr. Pecker".

On 2006-06-29 17:20, Cool Manchu wrote:
If you are asking if it has prune juice, the answer is a stiff no.

http://www.snopes.com/business/secret/drpepper.asp

I already knew that, also no Cherry juice. I've heard there's Almond Extract, Orange Oil, Vanillin (a form of artificial vanilla) & denatured Rum (Rum flavoring). Supposedly if you ask about these ingredients they'll tell you they don't use Rum (I guess this's a quibble in definition, there's no alcohol so it's really just Rum flavoring), and they don't use artificial Vanilla (possibly another quibble, Vanillin can be fractioned from Vanilla extract. There's also Methyl & Ethyl forms of Vanillin that have different flavor profiles and they both aren't always considered to be vanillin).

I caught a news blurb a few days ago that said Dr Pepper in Texas is made with sugar (instead of corn syrup, I suppose).

On 2006-07-23 14:10, tikijackalope wrote:
I caught a news blurb a few days ago that said Dr Pepper in Texas is made with sugar (instead of corn syrup, I suppose).

Yep, they're the only one still allowed to use real Cane Sugar.

C'mon, Texans! Stop in at the bottling plant & write down the list of ingredients, please. I'll give you a nickel.

Pages: 1 5 replies