Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Bongwater or Monkeypod? Ona Tiki Mele 7/1/06

Pages: 1 8 replies

MN

Bongwater or Monkeypod, Bongwater or Monkeypod, Bongwater or Monkeypod, Bongwater or Monkeypod, Bongwater or Monkeypod, Bongwater or Monkeypod, Bongwater or Monkeypod, Bongwater or Monkeypod, Bongwater or Monkeypod, Bongwater or Monkeypod, Bongwater or Monkeypod, Bongwater or Monkeypod,Bongwater or Monkeypod, Bongwater or Monkeypod, Bongwater or Monkeypod, Bongwater or Monkeypod, Bongwater or Monkeypod, Bongwater or Monkeypod,Bongwater or Monkeypod, Bongwater or Monkeypod, Bongwater or Monkeypod????????????????

AARRGGGHH!! I just can't decide!

Whoa baby! I could only handle three hours. OnaTiki and Moki put on a mele like no other. Fun times. Yes, fun times. One BW, two MPs, one SB (Suffering Bastart) and one beer to wake me.

Mr. NoNaMe

Duh! Bongwater, then Monkeypod!

Having to decide seems like an evil, I say two of each.

M

The Bongwater was delicious. Thanks Bongofury.

MR

For me it was two Bongwaters, one Monkeypod, two Suffering bastards. I had to leave to meet the family at the Padre game. I don't think I can rate one drink above the others. They were all great.

The Cocktails were tart & strong, the Kalua Pork was amazing (I mean really amazing, you you cooked it in the oven & not a Imu? PM me the recipe & instructions, please!), "2 scoop rice, one scoop mac" were sticky and creamy in that order and in the right amounts, the company was good and the house & yard are incredible as always. Thank you for having us over, I wish we could've stayed longer.

I forgot to ask the other day: I saw the new Ona Tiki signature Tiki & ETR Drummers but forgot to ask who'd done them? They looked like they might've been for a beanbag toss or something related?

On 2006-07-02 08:47, Matt Reese wrote:
For me it was two Bongwaters, one Monkeypod, two Suffering bastards. I had to leave to meet the family at the Padre game. I don't think I can rate one drink above the others. They were all great.

I concur with my esteemed colleague Matt, except I had to leave early to fix the aquarium pump before I became too impaired (when I got home my lobster had escaped from the tank and I had to rescue him from the cat). Great drinks. Good party. :drink: :drink:

bongwater was good, different but good, the Monkey pod is growing on me, a few more and it may climb the list.
Here's my drink talley that I can rememeber.
2 Lapu lapu's in 15 min, right after I got there, to play catch up.
1 Sufering Bastard, Not a big gin fan, but a good drink.
1 Mai Tai made by Rich(instructed by Kristena)
1 Monkey Pod
1 Bongwater
2 Pepsi's with my food, sorry I like soda when I'm eating.
1 Keel Haul
1 Mai Tai
1/2 a Shark Bite shared with whale rider.

then the headache hit me about midnight, cut off....
1 package of pills, 3 bottles of water,and bed time under the stars
in the back yard. woke up kinda so so, not as bad as I thoughtit would be.
I think the hangover package and water are the big key.
Maybe I should pace myself a bit more, but what the hell right.
I'm not a everyday drinker. So I dive in head first.
maybe that's why my head hurt :)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2006-07-04 11:55 ]

T

Here's my drink talley that I can rememeber.

First off, it was a pleasure to meet Rich. He made me my first 4 drinks!
Mine are:
4 Suffering Bastards
1 Bong Water
1 Monkey Pod
1 of Al's Mai Tais
part of Jeff's Keel Haul
1 Reverb Crash
1 of my own Mai Tais
1/2 Shark Bite
after that, it's a mystery what was in my glass!

-Kristena (Tiki Tena)

Pages: 1 8 replies