Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

SURVEY....Help us name this Tiki band!....

Pages: 1 17 replies

MA

Hey guys, maybe you saw the post about this wierd group. Well weve come to a crossroads about the name. Ok, the name now is "Agents of Voodoo". Wacked enough,I know. Now the Idea has come up to call ourselves..."Big Bongo & The Agents Of Voodoo". We're stuck!! We need your help to deside which one to go with. So there it is,please leave us your opinion which one you dig the most. Hey,tell us why you like it or anything else ya want! In any case we will go with what YOU guys think. In the meantime the "Agents" are in a trance calling fourth the musical stories they will share with those of you who are "one" with Tiki. Look for us soon in the south bay area of L.A. Thanks for your votes bruddas!

RD

Agents of Voodoo is a good friggin name. I picture a cross between the secret service (men in black) and the shriners.

Never was one for band names with "and the" in the names. Kinda pushes one guy out front, you know? I'd rather there was a "vs" in the name. Agents of Voodoo vs the Big Bongo. That gives the band automatic drama, tension, intrigue, ACTION! Cool.

Good luck,
Joe

L

On 2006-07-02 17:22, Rum Demon wrote:
Agents of Voodoo is a good friggin name. I picture a cross between the secret service (men in black) and the shriners.

hmmmm..... can't imagine how Shriners and voodoo are related.

unless you are related to the ancient Vodoun tradition, leave it alone. I know, i know; lanikai no fun hardass.
But agents of voodoo? too pretentious.
I know of some Marie Laveau followers that may be offended if the Afro-creole tradition of Nawlins is mocked.

Why not just
"Big Bongo"
good enuff no?

MA

Hey,thanks Joe! Ok thats one. Whos next??? Cmon,hep us out with your feedback!

What kind of band are you?? What kind of music? For all I know you sound like Air Supply meets Krokus. Do you have any samples of your music? This is way to heavy of a decision to make it blindly. LOL

L

On 2006-07-02 18:38, The Sperm Whale wrote:
What kind of band are you?? What kind of music?

didn't you see the obvious link prominently and obligingly displayed above? that goes directly to their multimedia page?

they are shriners with badges playing Haitian music.

MA

OK, Sperm Whale brings up a good point. The group will be rendering versions of lounge,surf,latin jazz,comedy,spoken word OR...all Air Supply & we will all be in drag! Anyway I didnt want to "over design" the survey. Its just,what sounds cooler to you? with or without Big Bongo??? So thanks SW for that. Meanwhile,back in da states.....on w/da survey, & tanks again for yo votes!!

O.K. I have thought about it and I say "Agents of VooDoo" but I still would like to hear a sample or two.

Agents of Voodoo,
could we get a link to a web page, or a list of shows you might be doin or something.
Come on man throw us a bone...

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Big Bongo Voodoo!

Vodoo Bongo?

Agent Bongo and the Vodoo's?

OK, back to the drinking.........

C

check em & wreck em...

THE VOO-DUDES

BIG BONGO & THE VOO-DUDES

BONGO MOJO

MYSTIC MOJO

MYSTIC BONGO

THE BONGO MEN

MYSTIC BONGO MEN

BINGO BONGO

THE VOODOOS

BONGO MYSTIC

VOODOO VORTEX

VOODOO CARAVAN

alright...I need a drink.

L
C

Just brainstormin here. Forgive if some of these are taken. Check em...

THE HAITIAN HAOLES

THE VOODOO ISLANDERS

VOODOO DRUMS & RUMS

DRUMS & RUMS

HAITIAN HULA

THE BURNING SOULS

THE BONGO BIRDS

THE VOODOO DREAMERS

THE STONE GODS

THE MYSTIC ISLANDERS

ENCHANTED BONGOS

HAITIAN HIDEAWAY

THE BONGO PRIMATIVES

THE SAVAGES OF BONGO

BONGO RITUAL

THE BROTHERS OF BONGO

MA

CraiGer, those are some bichen names! I think you should start a Tiki Band nameing biz! Just have your clients pay in brewskis! Some great ideas. So any more votes on our name bruddas?? Cmon,punch some keys & give us your ideas. M.A.

C

Hey Mouse Art. I checked the website on your profile...http://www.studioremy.com. I dig all the art. I especially dig the art of Manhattan Beach. That's where I'm from. Born 'n raised. The last name Remy? Any relation to Darren Remy? I graduated in '87 from Mira Costa with a friend with that last name.

Anyway, good luck with naming the band. If one of mine is chosen I'll take ya up on that "payed in brewskis" idea. One frosty Mickey's Big Mouth should cover it just fine. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

H

THE SMASHED IDOLS

Call the band Agents of WooHoo and the Soccer Tikis'll always ahow up!

MA

AHHH, a Micky's Big Mouth, what else would a mouse drink anyway Craiger? [sorry,I just had to] Anyway,havent had any votes for the group name in a while so I guess dis ting is gonna wind up soon. Gotta run all the cool ideas you guys had past our managers.[not that we REALLY listen to em anyway!] If yall got any last min. mind blowin ideas,by all means blab em now! Thanks again guys! M.A.

Pages: 1 17 replies