Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Photos: 06/04/22 Grand Re-Dedication Party @ Kon Tiki in Tucson, AZ

Pages: 1 6 replies

W
Wolli posted on Mon, Jul 3, 2006 3:55 PM

Ok, it takes me a while, but my snapshoots from the Kon Tiki Re-Dedication Party online right now.
Enjoy them.....

[>>> CLICK HERE FOR MORE PHOTOS

KC

I still can't believe I missed this party... especially since I LIVE IN TUCSON!!! :P

Did Doug's (Swampfire) special edition mugs ever come out? I've never seen a picture of an actual one, just the "artist's rendering".

Chris

W
Wolli posted on Tue, Jul 4, 2006 12:53 AM

@ Kona Chris
I got an email from Tikifarm last week. The limited Kon Tiki mugs is ready to ship right now !

I'll post a photo asap, but I think other TC's will get it much earlier than I.
I'm from Germany, so I think it'll take some weeks, till my mug will arrive here.

Wolli

KC

Do you know if these had to be purchased at the event, and if so, did they sell out? Is there any other way to get one? The last several times I've been to the KT, Louie wasn't there, so I couldn't ask him.

Chris

W
Wolli posted on Tue, Jul 4, 2006 3:37 AM

Sorry, but I only knew, that the mugs are event exclusives.
You had to pre-order them at the event and I don't know if Holden from Tikifarm have some left or if they are sold out.

The best way is to ask him.
Wolli

TM

Great pictures Wolli!

That was real fun playing that gig! That's one of our beautiful dancers, Jennifer, working the floor. In one picture I am highly scared she is going to whack someone with the poi balls, but she is a true professional, with good aim.

For anyone who does not know, that's my band, the Smoking Menehunes. We are: Tiki Bong on steel guitar, Pat "Palika" Enos on lead vocals and Ukelele, and me, Lucas Vigor (AKA Tiki Mick) on upright bass. (yeah, it's a King Doublebass made by Jason Burns!)

We will be playing friday night at the Catalina Tiki festival. Most of our gigs are private parties, corporate events, etc, so we don't do too many shows where people can just come check us out. Therefore, try to make it out to Catalina! If you like old-school hawaiian swing, you would probably dig us.

TM

Or, we could just switch to surf-rock, wear shriner caps over our space suits and have some retro 60's girl make us cocktails on stage and then sell the limited edition mugs...perhaps that's where the real money is!

Judging by the loud, screeching yuppie women who drowned out our songs at this Arizona gig, I seriously doubt anyone would ever notice!

Pages: 1 6 replies