Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Who's going to the Party on Saturday Night @ the Tonga Hut?

Pages: 1 8 replies

Who's going to the Party on Saturday Night @ the Tonga Hut?

G
GROG posted on Tue, Jul 4, 2006 1:24 PM

GROG will be there and GROG will twist Kirby's arm.
So, GROG will be there and Kirby will either be there
or at home putting ice on a sore arm.

K
kirby posted on Tue, Jul 4, 2006 3:53 PM

id like to see grog try and twist my arm..ill shuv a tiki in his ear...I am planning on bein there though...

I just told my friend in Sacramento who will just happen to be in LA this weekend. She said she would bring at least six of her friends, and I am trying to convince two of my other friends from up here to go down, so that means there will be at least 8 people in my "entourage," as it were. I also mentioned in at least three other forums here, so hopefully a lot of people will come that just aren't saying they are.

[ Edited by: Trader_Rick 2006-07-05 16:56 ]

'
'Vid posted on Fri, Jul 7, 2006 7:58 PM

What's going on at the Tonga Hut? I hadn't heard anything. The one over on Victory Blvd?

I hope you're the only one who doesn't know, 'Vid. Some members expressed an interest in a party at the place so the owners were more than happy to oblige. It starts at 9:00 and there will be drink specials, hors d'oveurs, and a live deejay (me). Yes, it is the Tonga HUT located at 12808 Victory Blvd in N. Hollywood (818) 769-0708, not to be confused with the Tonga ROOM in San Francisco.

This Saturday, July 8th
9pm-2am

I'll be there mixing up some tasty cocktails for you Tiki Central Folks...

Trader Rick will be mixing up the records with sounds from exotic places near and far...Exotica, Lounge, Rockabilly, Surf, and more...

Tasty Bites will be offered up to the Tiki Gods themselves...

Everyone MUST come and enjoy the evening.

See you there....

The TONGA HUT
12808 Victory Blvd
North Hollywood, CA 91606-3013
(818) 769-0708

http://www.myspace.com/tongahut

[ Edited by: KamiKoonga 2006-07-08 18:54 ]

[ Edited by: KamiKoonga 2006-07-08 18:55 ]

Just wanted to thank everyone who showed up and had fun! Thanks to Kamala for mixing some great cocktails, Ana and Jeremy for hosting this, and the couple that bought me drinks and started a conga line (sorry, I didn't catch your names, but I'm pretty sure you said you were on Tiki Central. BTW, did anyone who went get any pictures?).

If you missed this, you have a chance to make it up because I will now be deejaying EVERY Saturday night at the Tonga Hut. So drop in if you're in the valley!

'
'Vid posted on Wed, Jul 12, 2006 10:04 AM

We missed the last one but we need to make it by there one of these Saturday nights. Glad you all had fun!

Who are the new owners of the Tonga Hut? Teri and I talked to a guy named Walter about buying it, maybe a year or 14 months ago. At that time, it was leaning more toward a sports bar with a few Tiki decorations, but we saw it's incredible potential. He didn't seem very interested in selling and his asking price reflected that, so we passed.

Several months ago we stopped in for a late afternoon cocktail, and we immediately picked up on the revived Tiki vibe of the place, all the sports bar decor was gone and it was looking very Tiki! We were delighted to say the least!

Anyway, my congrats to the new owners, the place is a gem and it deserves good people like you who can keep the Tiki alive in the Tonga Hut.

Cheers! - 'Vid

Pages: 1 8 replies