Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Trader Vic's Orgeat available in Tucson

Pages: 1 3 replies

Aloha!

So I've been reading lately about the Mai Tai, and went looking for orgeat at several stores, only to come up dry. Lo and behold, when I went into Sunflower market, on Speedway and Swan, they had the Trader Vic's Orgeat syrup for $4.99 a bottle! Unfortunately they didn't have the Rock Candy syrup (or the Passion Fruit) so it looks like I will still have to order some, unless I luck out someplace else in town.

They also had TV's Tom & Jerry sauce, and the TV's Buttered rum stuff too, fyi. Maybe I can talk them into ordering the Rock Candy and the Passion Fruit :)

Chris

Chris,

You can by TV's Passion Fruit syrup at Plaza Liquors. If they don't have it in stock they will order it for you. You can also get orgeat at Rum Runner, but I think it's more expensive.

cheeky half

KC

Cool! I hadn't been by either of those places lately, due to my work schedule, but figured I'd stop by today. I'm crossing my fingers that one or the other of them will have the Rock Candy syrup too, as that's what I'm really looking for. The Passion fruit one I was going to order along with the others, if I was going to be paying shipping anyway.

Thanks!

BTW, i just looked at your website: very cool art! I think I might have met both you and Maggie at Kon Tiki one night. I'm terrible with names, but when I saw the name "Maggie", that rang a bell in my head. Hopefully I'll see you both again some time.

Chris

[ Edited by: Kona Chris 2006-07-05 08:05 ]

Hey Chris,

Thanks! Yes, I think we did meet at the kt once. Did you already get the syrups? If you go through Plaza you don't have to pay shipping and they should be able to get everything you need. If they don't have rock candy you can make it really easily - 2 parts sugar to 1 part water and slowly liquify on the stove. There are many other recipes for it here on tc.

cheeky half (Maggie)

Pages: 1 3 replies