Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Tiki Magazine Mug by Derek

Pages: 1 2 51 replies

N

The folks at Tiki Farm in collaboration with Tiki artist extraordinaire Derek Yaniger have created a very cool mug based on the Tiki Magazine logo (which was also created by Derek). Don't delay, these mugs will go quick! What better way to enjoy reading your Tiki Magazine than sipping your favorite cocktail out of your Tiki Magazine mug. For more info go to http://www.tikifarm.com/

[ Edited by: nicktiki 2006-07-06 20:45 ]

[ Edited by: nicktiki 2006-07-07 08:25 ]

M
McTiki posted on Fri, Jul 7, 2006 6:11 AM

link is brokie! Goes to webhost site. miffed!

TC
T
N

Just a reminder the mug goes on sale today at 12:00 PM PST.

Yeah, I'm sitting here debating if I want to try and get one or not. The shipping is almost a dealbreaker for me. But the mug is pretty dang cool...

sigh.

Chris

Got my order in. That mug's a beauty.

T

On 2006-07-15 12:08, MachTiki wrote:
Got my order in. That mug's a beauty.

Ditto!

T

Its the first time that I don't have my credit card on me. If there are some left later, I will get one. I will let the sales decide if I get one or not.

Well, I just looked at Tiki Farm, and they are sold out. I did get an order in for one. I thought about getting two, to have one to trade later, but I decided to let someone else get a chance at one.

Chris

M

On 2006-07-15 22:55, Kona Chris wrote:
Well, I just looked at Tiki Farm, and they are sold out...

As of this morning the "Buy Now" button is still working. It looks like you can still buy them.

On 2006-07-16 06:58, MachTiki wrote:

On 2006-07-15 22:55, Kona Chris wrote:
Well, I just looked at Tiki Farm, and they are sold out...

As of this morning the "Buy Now" button is still working. It looks like you can still buy them.

from the tiki farm site:

PLEASE READ:We have no control over the amount of orders that come through for our limited edition merchandise. Ultimately, there is a possibility that the number of orders exceeds the number of mugs available. We do our best to shut down the shopping cart when the run has sold-out but we cannot control orders that are being processed while we shut down the cart, or if you are able to still order because the page has been saved in your cache. Should your order be placed successfully but after the run has sold-out, we will send you an email notifying you so.

M

Thanks Chris... DOH! forgot to hit the old refresh button this morning. Just goes to prove that you should have at least 1 cup of coffee before posting.

Argh. I thought today was the 15th. I completely missed out.

damn.

Guess I have to hunt one down on eBay.

-g-

When I tried to order all I got was a page not found error. I think the server was slammed with a lot of orders.

Bummed beyond belief.....:(

Dean

Does anybody know when the mugs will start shipping?

N

I think it may be today, I was contacted this morning to verify my address.

M

I was on a quick vacation on Oahu and missed the sale. Anyone get two and willing to trade one for a Cheeseburger Wailea mug?

M

I placed an order for one the minute they went on sale, but my credit card still hasn't been charged. I got an order confirmation, but I know that's not necessarily a guarantee. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but it seems like Tiki Farm would have charged me by now if the order went through okay. :(

We're gonna start shipping out in a few days and will bill credit cards when we ship the orders. It'll take us a few weeks to fill all orders, especially as the Tiki Chiminea shipments are also going out and those suckah's are heavy and pretty back breaking to maneuver (116 lbs. of Rapa Nui Love!). By the way, an added surprise bonus on the Tiki Mag mugs is a glaze fired 8-COLOR Tiki Magazine Logo on the reverse!

M

Thanks so much, Smogbreather. This was my first order from Tiki Farm so I was unfamiliar with the billing process. I appreciate the heads up. By the way, I just received my first Tiki Farm mug today (the Tiki Bar TV Suffering Bastard mug) and I couldn't be happier! :D

Hi,
Every Tiki Mag mug has a little added "umph" surprise to it that I didn't show or mention to anybody (hey, I mean it is a surprise)! Also, be sure to inspect the contents of your case thoroughly when receiving your Tiki Magazine mugs. Every 5th case contains a little bonus added surprise!
Mahaloz,
Holden

[ Edited by: smogbreather 2006-07-26 16:07 ]

Got my two mugs today.....and WOW...Thats a whole LOT of mug for the price! Friggen huge! Mahalo to Tiki Farm for another great product.

Hey all, is there anyone out there that ordered these Derek mugs, and received an order confirmation from Tiki Farm, that are still waiting for them to be delivered? I'm wondering if I'm the only one.

I'm starting to think Tiki Farm dropped me off their list without any notification. :(

Tikiriffic

received my mug yesterday with a shag skull shot as an extra surprise. i really dig the style and glaze. great work, derek and holden!

I'm waiting but I also got a Fed Ex tracking number. Box is still in Anaheim (which, as far as I know is a borough of LA where the Angels play).

T

Still waiting for my mugs also. No word yet.

P
pdrake posted on Wed, Aug 9, 2006 1:26 PM

i'm still waiting as well.

P
pdrake posted on Wed, Aug 9, 2006 1:26 PM

i'm still waiting as well.

C
croe67 posted on Wed, Aug 9, 2006 1:33 PM

I spoke with Tiki Farm yesterday when I placed another order & they checked on my Tiki Mag Mug order. They are currently shipping around #115, so still quite a few to go. No need to worry - it's just takin' a bit of time.

I don't even know if my order made it in correctly. The website was acting up and disconnected me and started giving me 404 errors ....GRRRRRRRRR

I hope this is an isolated incident and not a common occurrence with ordering this way.

It is more likely that my ISP the wonderful SBC local phone company is the blame they cant even get e-mail service right it sometimes takes me hours to send an e-mail after I push the send button. Also they lose DNS servers all the time I can get out on the internet but my address don't translate because the servers are down. I am seriously thinking of changing to cable for my internet at least they seem to care more for customers since the phone company doesn't seem to care for residential DSL customers and gives them lowest priority with outages. It takes 3-5 days to get a service call answered.

[ Edited by: Blue Thunder 2006-08-09 14:13 ]

G
GROG posted on Wed, Aug 9, 2006 9:08 PM

GROG recieve GROG's Tiki Magazine Derek mug today!!!!
Now to go break it in.

(GROG mean drink-out-of-it, not bust it to pieces).

I'm still waiting patiently for my Tiki Magazine mug to arrive! I can't wait! Does any one know what number they are at right now for shipping?

Looks like someone has already posted one on ebay though, I wonder how much someone will pay for it...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=004&item=140017302536&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

HOLY TIKI GODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I received both the latest issue of Tiki Magazine and the Tiki Magazine mug all on the same day yesterday!!!!!!!!

The magazine totally rocks!! I said this before.....but it keeps getting better and better with each issue. Unbelievable amounts of eye candy!!! Great job Nick!!!

The mug is freaking HUGE!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe how big this sucker is. It dwarfs a lot of my other mugs....and that pointed nose could poke your eye out. Keep this away from the kiddies!! Awesome job Derek, Nick and everyone over at Tiki Farm!!! Truly a beautiful mug!!!!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

Good ol' Fedex arrived today w/my Tiki Magazine Mug, #123 :D. Frankly, awesome! Props to Tiki Farm and the masterly skill of Derek, for this fantastic mug!
This thing is massive! Massive, I tell you!

Speaking of massive!

What the F#$K!

This is a joke, right?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=004&item=140017302536&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

T

On 2006-08-17 18:41, blacksandz wrote:
Good ol' Fedex arrived today w/my Tiki Magazine Mug, #123 :D. Frankly, awesome! Props to Tiki Farm and the masterly skill of Derek, for this fantastic mug!
This thing is massive! Massive, I tell you!

Speaking of massive!

What the F#$K!

This is a joke, right?

Holy crap Batman!! Thats a good chunk of change for a new mug. Mine is due to arrive tomorrow. At last at last.

RB

Mine arrived earlier this week, a few days after issue #5. Wow! Big props to both Tiki Magazine and Derek. The mug is indeed massive!

Mine arrived yesterday, and is indeed an amazing mug. I think it's number 141. Unfortunately, there is a small chip off the base, about half the size of my pinkie nail :(

Chris

C

My mugs arrived today - 1 for me & 1 for a friend - WOW!!!!! Tiki Farm really outdid themselves this time - what a great piece!! & My Tiki Magazine arrived today, too, so it was a very Tiki day here in cheesehead-land.

#179 arrived at my house this week! You guys weren't kidding, this mug is HUGE! I love it!

i got mine the otherday #136 and #137 .

I got an extra don ho suck 'em up highball glass also..

These mugs are awsome

T

Got my mugs too... But I'm kinda slow... what what the super duper secret surprise? I got lots of packing bubbles?

Tikisgrl!

I got mine yesterday! It's great!

I'm jealous of those that got the extra highball glass or shot. I got a spiffy piece of styrofoam with 2 indentations on it.

Wanna trade?

RB

Hah! One of my styrofoam packing pieces was phallic-shaped, so that musta been my "special surprise"! :lol:

I got a rock.

G
GROG posted on Mon, Aug 28, 2006 8:34 AM

On 2006-08-25 08:37, pappythesailor wrote:
I got a rock.

You lucky bastard.

M

I'm still patiently waiting for mine, I know it takes longer to get to Hawaii.

Pages: 1 2 51 replies