Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Unofficial Talk like a Pirate day, 7/7/06

Pages: 1 9 replies

Ahoy ya Bilge Rats! Is the eve before the pirates sail the silver screen again. Avast! damn them bloody pirates, the likes of Capt. Jack Sparrow, and Bootstrap Bill, paying a debt to Davey Jones. The Crew and I have our tickets for tomorrow night and the bad Welsh accents abound! I say we declare a mini TLAP Day to celebrate!

Well that was rude, Me thinks this place is too high falutin anymore. This started in General Tiki and someone moved it way back here. So You thinks that Pirates and Nautical are not good enough for regular Tiki eh? Well thats why its a little quiet around here. Can we say control freak? Seriously, this pisses me off.

RG

I use the link at the top that shows me all the new posts, so as to not miss anything no matter where it gets posted.

Uh...arrr!

[ Edited by: Rev. Griz 2006-07-06 22:56 ]

Thanks for trying to make me feel better Padre, BTW are you a Smith type Rev? Be cool, as any discussion or mention of a higher power makes the moderators sweat like a ho in church. Altho discussion of multiple wives could liven this place up. (I don't get it, why would I want more than 1 woman telling me I'm wrong, heck I'd rather have a Hot Rod.)

H

Hey, man, no need to get upset over it! Please don't take it personally. Pirates & Tiki can live & play together very nicely, that's why pirate discussions fit so well with all the other great subjects of conversation here in the Beyond Tiki section. Pirate stuff has been discussed in Beyond Tiki here for ages:

http://www.tikicentral.com/search.php?term=pirate*&submit=Search&srch=both&frm=6&usr=&srt=newest

RG

On 2006-07-06 23:23, bananabobs wrote:
Thanks for trying to make me feel better Padre, BTW are you a Smith type Rev? Be cool, as any discussion or mention of a higher power makes the moderators sweat like a ho in church. Altho discussion of multiple wives could liven this place up. (I don't get it, why would I want more than 1 woman telling me I'm wrong, heck I'd rather have a Hot Rod.)

Hmm, for some reason my sig didn't show up on that post. That'd clear up any misconceptions :) I'm about as far from a "smith" type rev. as you can get. My discussions of higher power usually involve the word proof. And I don't mean evidence.

Married to more than one woman? No thanks. I'm with you, one's more than sufficient for a lifetime.

RG

P.S. speaking of wives, mine went to T.O. High. We lived in Camarillo before we moved up here twelve years ago.

CL

Ahoyhee bananabobs! Thanks for posting this! I found it just fine through the new posts feature. Just bumped it back up by posting. :) Arrggggg!

[ Edited by: Coco Loco 2006-07-07 11:49 ]

Thanks Humuhumu, I feel better...I don't look at this section as being main stream TC any more since it has been pushed back here, its kinda like the ugly redheaded step child no one wants to talk about.
Well enough tears, Bring on the Grog! We are off to the show, then back for Rum soaked pineapple on Ice cream, the Wench has been put'n the touches on the Capt'ns cabin for some Pirate play to night! Avast mateys, Daveys Jones locker awaits ye! Yo Ho!

If you liked the first one, you will like the second! 2 1/2 hours of pure fun. Wait to the very end of the credits for a great laugh.

Pages: 1 9 replies