Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Josh "Shag" Agle Show and New Tiki Print

Pages: 1 1 replies

D
DaTiki posted on Fri, Jul 7, 2006 7:47 PM

Hello everyone. I'm back to show you Shag's new print "The Raft Of The Medusa" that will be released next week for my "Shag After Dark" show at http://www.dvagallery.com. Also for you TC'ers, I will take pre orders while they last. I don't know the prices yet but should know this weekend. If you would like to reserve one, email me at

Saturday, July 15th from 7-11pm, DvA Gallery will be hosting an opening reception and booksigning for it's newest exhibit which will feature the artwork and illustrations of Josh “Shag” Agle.

Painter, illustrator and designer Josh “Shag” Agle is the master of sharp, swinging lounge aesthetic that embraces illustrative finesse, flat perspective, vivid colors and the type of subtle humor that has been described as addictive. He says, “Achieving the slick look of the commercial illustration and design from the '50s and '60s is something that really appeals to me. I take a lot of time trying to keep the paintings sharp and clean, and… working on the color palettes. I'm just trying to make something that I'd like to look at myself!”

Because the originals are rare and hard to come by, we will be having a lottery at 9pm sharp. That way, everyone has an equal chance of getting one. The limited prints are all first come first serve and we will have a collection of Shag books for sale to have the artist sign for you. All the artwork is currently on the website to view.

As always, admission is FREE, drinks and appetizers will be served and anyone and everyone is invited. The show will run from July 15th through August 20th.

[ Edited by: DaTiki 2006-07-07 20:57 ]

D

Hey everyone, the prints are $250 through the gallery or it will be $300 elsewhere after the show. I am starting to reserve them today so if you would like one, give me a buzz at the gallery. Cheers,

David van Alphen
DvA Gallery, LLC
(p)(f) 773.871.4DVA
http://www.DvAGallery.com

Pages: 1 1 replies