Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

GlowTikis! New Glowing Tiki Bead Pendants from BodhiGlass

Pages: 1 0 replies

B

Hello to the TC-
Bodhi Boy here, with info about one of my newest beads: the GlowTiki!
This bead came about after a conversation with Hakalugi at the Tiki Oasis.

He had some mini glow sticks, those little plastic tubes with a glass capsule inside it; when you squeeze the tube & break the glass, chemicals mix and the tube glows for several hours. He wanted to know if I could make a tiki bead that you could stick a mini glow stick in; I said, "Hell yeah!"

I worked on the design and unveiled the first prototypes at The London Luau. You can see a pic of the GlowTikis at the London Trader Vic's, thanks to Tiki Racer: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tikiracer/165765252/in/set-72157594163664408/

The only problem with this design was the mini glow stick went into the tiki from the bottom, so it kept wanting to fall out. Doh! When I got back to the States I made the obvious correction: the glow stick now goes in from the top. Here are a couple of pics, first of the acid-etched tiki bead in daylight, and second of the same tiki with an active glowstick at night:

Anyway, I have sent a few of these GlowTikis to Hakalugi to wear at the Tiki Beach Burn at Cabrillo Beach in San Pedro, today, Saturday the 8th. Hakalugi might have a few to sell, as well.

I'll be listing these soon on eBay. You can check all of my auctions at: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfrppZ50QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQrdZ0QQsassZbodhiglass

I can make them in a variety of pastel colors, and all will be acid-etched (which helps to diffuse the light.) They will come with a starter pack of 5 mini glowsticks, and the info about where to order additional glowsticks. If you think you might want any of these babies, you can also PM me directly and we can bypass the whole eBay thang.

Thanks for looking!
BodhiGlass: Real Cool Glass, Made Real Hot!

Pages: 1 0 replies