Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Help me identify this Pineapple Vase!

Pages: 1 2 replies

Aloha Tikiphiles! ABout a year ago, I found this Cool Pineapple Vase at a yard sale. There are No Markings on it. There is a spot of old glue on the bottom, where a label might once have been, but is no longer. It stands 8 inches tall, and 4 1/4/ at the widest point. Can anyone tell me who manufactured this, and/or, when? Judging by the crazing in the glaze It's quite old. Any info whold be helpful! Thanks! (now lets see if I can get this BB code right...)

[ Edited by: CondorTiki 2006-07-08 10:40 ]

[ Edited by: CondorTiki 2006-07-08 10:45 ]

[ Edited by: CondorTiki 2006-07-08 10:55 ]

I can't be sure, but I think I saw a pineapple similar to that made by Haegar Pottery here in IL. The company is still in business, so maybe you could send a picture to them to see for sure.
Lovely looking piece by the way....

Thanks Exotica59. I'll give it a try. But I don't think it's Haeger. We've been Haeger collectors for a long time. The vase does not have any of the standard haeger markings or glazing. But it might have been a prototype or test model. We've actually been to the Haeger plant, We have friends living a few blocks away from it. It's a wonderful place! And has a great museum too!

Pages: 1 2 replies