Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Wanted: Treasure Chest Aquarium

Pages: 1 15 replies

M

I'm looking for a treasure chest aquarium. There were both wooden and plastic versions created. I am looking for either.

P

Are you kiddig me? I want one too!

Are they still making them. I've looked on ebay... but no such luck. Do you have any info on one?

PIC? I can not keep my eye out for one if i do not know what it looks like.

M

I have an antique chest and a 60 gal aqaurium I could blend into an original masterpiece.

Just a thought. I was going to incorporate the chest into our yard. I'm out of land and happy with what is.

Just a thought.

Mahalo

On 2006-07-10 19:19, chisel slinger wrote:
Are you kiddig me? I want one too!

are YOU kidding me???.......you're a carver!! you can build one........in fact, make a bunch of smaller ones and bring em' out to the hot rod hula hop to sell.....

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2006-07-11 20:22 ]

sounds awesome. but I never carved an aquarium. besides, I dont want to make everything I own. sticking one in an old chest sounds very cool though.

M

I've been looking for examples... but no such luck.
I've seen wooden chest that were made into aquariums as well as plastic children's aquariums. But of course... you never find one when you want one.

M

I found an image: Pie Rats of the Carribean

There is a someone here in the Denver area listing this 55 gallon treasure chest aqaurium on Craigslist ($300 OBO). Looks homemade, but pretty cool.

WoW!!!
I look into it. Thanks Zulumagoo

A friend of mine just found one... unfortunately, she doesn't want to see it to me...

[ Edited by: MTKahuna 2006-08-11 11:10 ]

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga 2006-08-11 13:30 ]

Nice...
Unga, How do I get one???

On 2006-08-22 10:15, MTKahuna wrote:
Nice...
Unga, How do I get one???

Hey MT,
I just did a photo search and this came up.
I have not seen one for sale. Sorry

On 2006-07-26 16:54, MTKahuna wrote:
I found an image: Pie Rats of the Carribean

Is this your aquarium? I have a metal framed one just like it that I would love to modify to look like the ones above. The hood is missing a piece so it's not complete, so it's a great contender for modification. Right now it's housing some fish and live plants. Here's the pic before the fish and plants:

Hello everyone, I am new to Tiki Central and noticed that some of you are looking for treasure chest aquariums. My husband actually makes them out of wood, they hold a 20 gallon tank. We have made many custom chests as well to suit someones specifications for tank size, wood color etc. We have just recently obtained a website http://www.aquariumchest.com we don't have pictures up yet but they will be soon. Let me know if anyone would like me to email them pictures I would be happy to do that.

Pages: 1 15 replies