Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Aloha from the Thor Stor! - Added Stor Photos!

Pages: 1 9 replies

M

Aloha TC!

I wanted to take a few moments to intoduce myself and pose a question. I manage the new Thor Stor in Waikiki, which is a stor dedicated to the art of Thor, as well as many other tiki related items. You may have seen the banner ad that we recently ran on TC for our grand opening on July 1st. It was a great night and I enjoyed hanging out with some of the TCer's I already knew (Gecko and Fil Slash - great to see you again!) and also to finally meet the world famous Bamboo Ben!

Our Stor focuses on Thor, but we also carry the full line of Tiki Farm mugs, some of the hand made mugs and a tiki from Gecko, and we just now are getting in Bodhi Boy's beads, and always looking for more!

So, I wanted to know if other TCer's also had an interest in Thor's work. I would be glad to keep TC in the loop of everything that we do, as long as there is an interest out here. We have a lot of new and exciting products and artwork coming out soon. Thor and I really enjoy Tiki Central, and meeting the people on here. Let me know if you have an interest.

Mahalo!

[ Edited by: Mo-Eye 2006-08-03 00:25 ]

I really like Thor's work and can't wait to visit your store next year on our Anniversary trip to da Islands. I especially like "Magik of the Tiki Maker" and "Pele's Promise." Keep stocking Gecko items too!! He is a blossoming young artist that makes some really incredible art works! Some of the best on da Islands in my opinion!

Keep up the good work and welcome to TC!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

Always interested in Thor's work...I have the first six mini prints...and they are very
cool...guess it's time to grab a few more. Keep reminding us of what Thor is doing.
Thanks.

T

Your work is great! I want to live in one of the homes you paint.

P

Tell Mr. H that his presence is missed on TC.

H
hewey posted on Wed, Jul 12, 2006 4:23 AM

I love Thors art. Some of the best tiki art out there. Really takes you into the scene...

How about some pics of the store? I saw a pic of the sign when Thor was discussing foam/fake rock and I want to see more - I want to see what an ex-imagineer's shop looks like - and I have high expectations!

How about having a "featured artist" regularly to highlight different up and coming tiki artists? Only needs a smallish corner of the store, keeps it fresh, helps out tiki artists, generates much good karma etc etc.

And bloody oath keep us informed of new products and artwork!

M

Thanks for the interest and support everyone! I'll try to take some pics of the Stor and post them in the next day or 2. I'll post some new product announcements in the marketplace shortly, also. Mahalo!

M

Aloha TC!

Here are a few pics of the Stor, as promised. I'll try to get some more later. These are from the Grand Opening at the beginning of the month. Here is the front of the Stor:

Do you recognize anyone here?

Here is the main wall featuring a 3D version of the Tikilixor:

I'll share some more once I take some better pics. Mahalo!

H
hewey posted on Thu, Aug 3, 2006 5:28 AM

Thanx man. That Shimmylator looks kool :)

Awesome pictures!!!

It's nice to see you stock Tiki Magazine too!!! That is waaaay cool!!!!!!!!

I know what place I'm visiting next year on my trip to da Islands!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

Pages: 1 9 replies