Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Guerrero tiki items????

Pages: 1 9 replies

Z
zeig6 posted on Tue, Jul 11, 2006 3:20 PM

Hi

Just came across a plaster tiki head wall ornament signed Guerrero 1963. Is anybody familiar with this signature? Was it a firm or a designer - or is it related to the town in Mexico?

Thanks
Nicholas

[ Edited by: zeig6 2006-07-13 18:28 ]

[ Edited by: zeig6 2006-07-13 18:30 ]

Z
Zeta posted on Wed, Sep 23, 2009 11:33 AM

Who knows?

Don't know that name... very cool mask, though.

...but what is wrong with these stamp images, lately? Is it that folks still don't understand that jpgs hosted by other sites like shutterfly don't work on TC, they have to come from your desktop - PLUS they will eventually completely disappear, like so many empty blue question marks on so many pre 2006 threads on TC prove.

This is a shame, since Tiki is such a visual medium, it relies on the images.

V

Well, the post was from 2006...

I have the same mask in brown. Mine is unsigned so I'm guessing these were hobby projects.

On 2009-09-23 12:38, virani wrote:
Well, the post was from 2006...

Right...but this one for example wasn't:

On 2009-09-23 10:13, tikigreg wrote:
Is this the one you're looking for?

[ Edited by: tikigreg 2009-09-23 10:14 ]

...and I saw some others. It was just a reminder.

I actually borrowed that pic from an earlier post, just to see if the item was close to what the poster was looking for. If I had a larger image, I would have used it.

Sven, when's your birthday? I'm going to send you a magnifying glass. That should take care of the problem! :D

TS

I have to always look at the dates now, because when topics get dug up and bumped to the top, there are not always relevant responses. This is one of those "Tiki Cold Cases" that shouldn't be replied to unless there is a new discovery about the topic, at least that is my opinion on the subject, and ya, I know nobody asked for it, but there it is! :P

Here's a bigger pic. no markings. hobby piece.

Zeta is on the hunt for Mexican/Spanish Tiki artists for our Spanish Tiki book project. But if this is a hobby project item, the signature must be a personal one, like that of Sandy Dvorak on page 224 in the "Do It Yourself Tiki" chapter in Tiki Modern.

Pages: 1 9 replies